Thread: word of mouth marketing

Thanks

word of mouth marketing

An interesting blog post from Guy Kawasaki on the book "Word of Mouth Marketing"

Companies could hire a customer service rep to do cruise the Internet looking for kudos and complaints. When the rep finds kudos, he should thank the person. When the rep finds complaints, he should get it fixed. This is such a simple, effective idea—I doubt, therefore, that many companies will do it! :-)
    A study by the Verde Group showed that people who heard about a bad shopping experience are less likely to go to the same store than the person who actually had the bad experience.
    The second one being really interesting (and after thinking about it a while, I'm sure it's true).

What are your customers saying, and how can you influence that?
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Thanks
    Hi Duncan
    A study by the Verde Group showed that people who heard about a bad shopping experience are less likely to go to the same store than the person who actually had the bad experience.
    I'm damm sure its true!!!
    Particularly to the person only hearing of the bad experience, but just what they hear can also be reversed....
    People will always sensationalise something, react and think its true until someone tells them different.
    This is a tried and tested fact. In this case the trick for a marketing soulution is to have a winning and truthful alternative and the war is won.
    For the person who experiences something bad first hand..uuum..this is a tricky one! I have to think about it some more!!!
    "Networking" is my "CONTACT" Sport!"
    Alcocks Electrical Entomological Hygiene

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.