Thread: Pastel Xpress 14

Thanks

Pastel Xpress 14

My Pastel Xpress 14 works fine although version 14 is no longer supported by Pastel. When i did a year end after 28/2/2019 and created a new company, ticking the box 'use the last period [period 13 which was 1-31 March 2019] as the first period in the next year', the new company was created but the periods are still 1/3/2018 to 31/3/2019 [13 periods] ie the periods didn't roll over to the new year [they need to be 1/3/2019 - 31/3/2020]

I re-did the process form a backup with the same result. The year end process is automated so not much change of doing something wrong. I wonder if you have a solution, such as a manual work-around.

kind regards
    Peter
    Cape Town

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Hi Peter

Before I delve into 13th period errors and troubleshooting, have you got the year end process right? When you run YE, you have the option to create a new company, and then also a checkbox to run year end in the new company.
    If my live database is BOB, and my historical years have year numbers, I would create BOB2019 during year end, without ticking the checkbox. BOB will have the 2020 live data after year end.
    If my live database is BOB2019, I would create BOB2020 during year end and tick the checkbox to run YE in the new company.

Please check and revert.

Thanks
    Hi Kevin
    I am sure I have the year end process right, and restored the company from backup to check. I ticked the checkbox to run the year end in the new company and created the new company. It created the new company BOB2020, but the periods remained 1 March 2018 to 31 March 2019 for 'this year'.
    Peter