Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Workmens Compensation Returns

Silver Member
    Thanks

Workmens Compensation Returns

Workmens compensation return hand delivered by required date to the offices in Pretoria.
    Drove there solely for that purpose from Kempton Park as experience with the postal service is untrustworthy!

No assesment payment request received.
    Numerous attempts to telephone, eventual success.
    Clerk reports that no return has been submitted.
    How can I argue that one -I did not demand a receipt on delivery!
    Resubmitted.

To date still no return received. Telephoned again. Clerk advised no return submitted!

I have accepted that we will pay penalties and interest, and have no willpower to even "fight" this issue.

Eleven years with absolutely no problem, and now I am not able to complete my legal responsibility due to incompetence by the department.

Has anyone else had the same problem this past year?

Thanks
    Yvonne

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I suspect they can take a very long time to capture the return. If you think about the way we are charged with provisional assessments etc I have a sense it does not really affect our payments much though as long as it is captured before the next annual billing run.

My concern is that if the capture section is under-resourced, it's going to take a year or more to discover that they are not getting though the load timeously.

SIDE NOTE: I'm finding under-resourced renewal sections of government departments is becoming quite problematic.

Thanks
    Every year I receive their form after the due date. Every year I give them stick, but its a losing battle. Every year I pay the penalty - its actually cheaper than the communication costs and also worth the extra sleep I get by not worrying about it anymore.

Welcome in South Africa - department of indifference.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Late returns not only cost you penalties, it also loses your shot at a no-claim rebate

Thanks

workmens compensation

26 minutes and counting - thats how long i have been holding on the phone
    from kzn to pretoria - workmens compensation!!!!! if i hear one more time that they are experiencing unusually high call volumes i'm going to scream.
    i have subitted my returns "on time" since 2004 and as yet have not been assessed. i have phoned, faxed, emailed lettter after letter and nothing.

i'm now at my wits end - what is going on.:
    33 minutes and 58 seconds and at last someone answered. i've now been told that i have been assessed and now i'm waiting for the fax. i dread to see how much i'm in for but i told them i'm not paying any interest or penalties. why should I? its their incompetance. she told me if i don't pay by the 6th of july they will start charging interest!!! what a cheek.

now i need a letter of goodstanding and they will not give it to me.

here comes the fax R86421.13, where on earth am i supposed to find that
    amount in 5 days????????? i am sick and tired of these government departments - they are useless

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mags ninnis View Post
    here comes the fax R86421.13, where on earth am i supposed to find that amount in 5 days?????????
    The money tree that every business owner has growing in the back garden

I was thinking: If you add it all up, Department of Labour is quite expensive, and cause of a lot of red tape.

DoL is responsible for UIF and Workmen's Compensation which applies to any business with staff. To this we can add SDL if you're big enough, and then Bargaining Council related costs if you have the misfortune of having one in your particular field of endeavour.

Given that Workmens Compensation often adds up to more than the UIF bill, I wonder why they don't collect it monthly along with all the other levies.

Thanks
    having now scrutinized my return, i see that my assessment for the years 2004,2005,2006,2007 have all been done as one on the 2nd feb 2008 and straight
    away, without any notification, they have charged interest and late payments to the
    tune of +/ R7000.00. i'm considering having discussions with my lawyer regarding this.
    they have all my contact details - why didn't they phone, write, fax in feb and tell me
    i have been assessed thereby giving me the chance to make good the debt before lumbering me with the added costs. i'm furious. i feel a real stinking letter to them will probably make matters worse. what to do?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I think there are more than a few of us who are feeling your pain, Mags.

I've been struggling to find a useful answer, and the best I can come up with right now is:

If you are going to write a letter, it might be worth the investment to get your lawyer to do it.

Thanks

Regulator for workmans compensation

I would like to know who the regulator or "ombudsman" is for the workmans compensation. When calling their offices & even going there its difficult getting accurate information from anyone.

Thanks

Thanks
    Blog Entries

2008 workmen's compensation return of earnings

For those who, like me, have:
    • not received their Return of Earnings form yet,
    • tried to get hold of Workmen's Compensation office, only to get your call cut off
    • tried to find an online version of the return of earnings

I've got two options for you.

The Return of Earnings form can be downloaded from the labour.gov.za site here (you have to search the site to get the 2008 form - using navigation takes you to an unavailable document ), or

I've uploaded them as attachments below for your convenience. The doc file is the guideline and the xls form is the return form.
    HINT: Note that the return of earnings form has two pages that need to be completed.

Deadline for submission of returns is 31st March 2009.
    Attached Files Attached Files

11. Thanks given for this post:

daveob (31-Mar-09)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast