Thread: CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE

Thanks

CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE

HI THERE
    THANKS FOR THE ANSWER CONCERNING THE WIRING METHODS
    I HAVE ANOTHER ONE PLEASE
    FOR HOW LONG IS A COC VALID
    IF THE NEW OWNER CALLS THREE YEARS LATER AND SAYS LIGHTS NOT WORKING AND THAT THEY NEVER WORKED?
    IF SOME ONE ELSE HAS WORKED ON THE INSTALLATION BUT YOU DID NOT TAKE PHOTOS AND THUS HAVE NO PROOF THAT IT WASNT YOU
    CERTAIN CHANGES WERE MADE THAT CAN BE PROVEN FOR EXAMPLE THE LAPA MENTIONED ON YOUR COC IS NO LONGER THERE
    WHEN THE SO CALLED NON WORKING LIGHTS WERE REPORTED TO THE RENTING AGENCY THEY SENT OUT THEIR OWN GUYS AND THEY RIPPED OUT WIRING
    AND NOW THEY CALL AND SAY THAT YOUR COC IS NOT COMPLIANT
    THANKS
    BEVIN

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Morning Bevin

You COC does not cover the lights working only connection to the lights firstly.

Secondly you would be able to prove that work has been done on the installation since you have done your COC as on your form you list number of circuits and number of physical lights, sockets etc.

This needs to be explained to the customer and they can read it for themselves on the COC I would be diplomatic but firm.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BEVIN View Post
    HI THERE
    THANKS FOR THE ANSWER CONCERNING THE WIRING METHODS
    I HAVE ANOTHER ONE PLEASE
    FOR HOW LONG IS A COC VALID
    IF THE NEW OWNER CALLS THREE YEARS LATER AND SAYS LIGHTS NOT WORKING AND THAT THEY NEVER WORKED?
    IF SOME ONE ELSE HAS WORKED ON THE INSTALLATION BUT YOU DID NOT TAKE PHOTOS AND THUS HAVE NO PROOF THAT IT WASNT YOU
    CERTAIN CHANGES WERE MADE THAT CAN BE PROVEN FOR EXAMPLE THE LAPA MENTIONED ON YOUR COC IS NO LONGER THERE
    WHEN THE SO CALLED NON WORKING LIGHTS WERE REPORTED TO THE RENTING AGENCY THEY SENT OUT THEIR OWN GUYS AND THEY RIPPED OUT WIRING
    AND NOW THEY CALL AND SAY THAT YOUR COC IS NOT COMPLIANT
    THANKS
    BEVIN
    This is very common (not 3 years later...i would tell them to F___off) for people to sell a property with non compliant light fixtures.

I have personally been caught out with this on 2 occasions...the first time it was a mates house (a very long time ago...hadnt learnt my lesson yet) ...he had wired the security lights with speaker wire...he said he would remove them and the 2.5 mm wire connected to his stove isolator feeding a plug for the fridge in the garage....He moved to another country...i had to return and replace all the wiring for the outside lights...( i thought i had learnt my lesson)

I then got caught again a couple of years ago...i did an inspection report and found a whole lot of illegal wiring done by the electrician who was renting the property (including all the lighting and security lighting) ...while doing the test he indicated that all all the illegal wiring was his property and he would be taking it with him when he moved out...he didnt...i had to return and replace the wiring with the correct wiring.

I havent been caught like that since that twat caught me...which reminds me i need to out his name and company and name and shame him and send him...haydeg or haydeson electrical or something like that...i see him on the odd occasion at 1 stop in Pinetown.