Thread: Payment date for EMP 201's

Suspended
    Thanks

Payment date for EMP 201's

I keep getting penalties for "late payment" on EMP 201's, I have found indications that both the submission and payment must be made before the 7th of the month or earlier in case of weekends but I can find no actual text on either the tax act or sars website to substantiate this. There are several references to the submission date but none to the payment date.....

Am I missing this or is it more a common slight of hand type assumption?

The only references to payment dates and penalties I can find are vague "as defined in" and when you go to the referred to document or page you find NO actual definitions or guidelines for payment dates of EMP 201's.

Thanks
    The amounts deducted or withheld must be paid by the employer to SARS on a monthly basis, by completing the Monthly Employer Declaration (EMP201). The EMP201 is a payment declaration in which the employer declares the total payment together with the allocations for PAYE, SDL, UIF and/or Employment Tax Incentive (ETI), if applicable. A unique Payment Reference Number (PRN) will be pre-populated on the EMP201, and will be used to link the actual payment with the relevant EMP201 payment declaration.

How and when should it be paid?
    It must be paid within seven days after the end of the month during which the amount was deducted. If the last day for payment falls on a public holiday or weekend, the payment must be made on the last business day before the public holiday or weekend.
    From the SARS Website: http://www.sars.gov.za/TaxTypes/PAYE/Pages/default.aspx
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Suspended
    Thanks
    Ok but that's specifically for PAYE, on my EMP's there is only UIF.... think my problem was I was looking for 201's specifically.