Thread: Generating sales?

Thanks

Generating sales?

Good Day, I recently bought a drop-shipping store and Am advertising on social media platforms however I haven't generated a single sale and it's the 2nd month now, could I be missing something perhaps?

Thanks
    Shereen

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SMkhombo View Post
    however I haven't generated a single sale and it's the 2nd month now, could I be missing something perhaps?
    Yes - Customers.
    (Obviously).

The real question is why.
    What is your gut telling you?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Yes - Customers.
    (Obviously).

The real question is why.
    What is your gut telling you?
    I'm sure there are things the OP has got wrong.

As the popular saying: Don't put all eggs in one basket.

In my own perspective; I presume the OP believes so much in his deep pocket; how he can dash out $100/daily for a facebook campaign.

OP: Spending so much on adverts, especially on social media sites does not equal SALES. The earlier you realize this the better.

You can make several dozen sales week-in-week-out without spending a dime.

But the question is: Are you ready to work your ass out?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SMkhombo View Post
    Good Day, I recently bought a drop-shipping store and Am advertising on social media platforms however I haven't generated a single sale and it's the 2nd month now, could I be missing something perhaps?

Thanks
    Shereen
    There are 100000's of people doing the same. Just look at all the drop shippers on Bid or Buy, Gumtree, Facebook etc.

The question that you need to ask yourself is: Why would a person buy from you rather than from anybody else - say on Bid or Buy - if you can't find a compelling answer then you see the problem.

You have to set yourself apart in some way and make your shop desirable - I don't know how to do that but it is really the crux of the problem.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Yeah sadly organic search is being dominated by directory websites and google is doing this to force SME's into adverting. Paid advertising can work but since its a bidding system money talks you may want look into some gaps keywords longtail ones that your competitors arent covering. I think people tend to forget the power of the real world striking deals with people in your industry for a cut is a good way to start building a online rep maybe thats not possible. You may be getting maybe the bigger brands have you covered , maybe you ads arent compelling, if they are and people are going to your website, get unto google analytics and find out what they are doing there if theres a block or choke point in your sales funnel. Online marketing is getting tough. For me wix and shopify are the big guns in my industry. So what do I do i set up lacal deals i once had a directory site offering 15% off any off our web designs if they listed so i tapped into another market. I write about business start ups to get people looking for tips about start ups to maybe read my blog because theyl need a website most likley at some point. Its not easy even with what i do its a struggle against the bif guys and they figure out what we do and they shut us down. You've got to hussle.
    Graphic Design company in East London South Africa | Web design company in East London South Africa
    " A plumbers tap always leaks " - Great advice from a forum member