Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: New uFiling Website

Thanks
    I was finally able to make payment via the website this morning. So they are working on it ... albeit a little at a time. Dave's description
    like shuffling a pack of cards - you never know what is going to come up on the declarations page the next time you go in.
    is very apt.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    +1 on that.

I have chipped away at one company when I've had spare time and finally got it straightened up. In my case it took about 3 man hours to clear each year, so quite a bit of wasted hours all told. But the process really did expose me to just how quirky the functionality of the website is. Every time you do a submission, it's like shuffling a pack of cards - you never know what is going to come up on the declarations page the next time you go in.

And then you do nothing, go back in an hour later, and it has all changed again.

An hour ago everything was green except June 2019 which was red. Went back to get a screenshot of it right now to show that persistence pays and success is possible and...

Attachment 7570

And I've still got another company to go
    I've got the same issue! All returns submitted but the declaration screen is half red (but months change everytime you go in to the declarations screen)

Thanks
    Im trying to submit my July declaration and getting the following error message: We have not found any changes to declarations that would require a new submission. Please be sure you have changed a declaration and try again.
    The declaration button is orange.

Thanks
    Thank you all for the UIF updates. It has helped calm troubled waters knowing that half the accountants and bookkeepers in SA are coming up with creative ideas to get their dec's lodged.

Thanks
    This website appears to be one of those gift that just keeps on giving ... except that the gifts come in the form of unexplained issues.

I made submission two days ago and when I hit the payment button it did not give me the option of how I wanted to pay. It simply said that "Payment instruction was successful". When I went into the bank to see if instruction had been sent and that I needed to clear it - NOTHING!

Waited a day in case it came off automatically at midnight - NOTHING!

Go back onto the website which still reflects as "Payment instruction was successful". If I hit the pay button again, there is a warning that if I go ahead I may be paying twice. Don't want to do that ... don't think that would ever be able to be sorted out.

So if the payment does not reflect by next week it looks like I will have to pay via EFT and mark it as a manual payment.

Talk about not being "user friendly" - sheeeesh!
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Hi all,

I love that statement above about shuffling a pack of cards - it's so right!

I've actually been ok with the site for the last few months, it's worked and I've been able to pay our dues! So imagine my surprise when I went on yesterday and all my boxes were grey again! WTH???? I've had 2 emails from them to tell me what I need to do in response to my emails to them of months ago (and even though I had managed to suss it out myself eventually, and following an update from them I understand!), but come on - it was working fine! What have they done?

I'm not going to stress over it any more, I'll just keep checking and when it works, it works!

Have a great Friday and weekend everyone!

Bexter12

Thanks
    Ok so beating my head against a wall and hoping that the site will come right is not going to achieve anything.
    Apparently - so I have been told - ufiling is becoming a thing of the past and we are now going to be required to register an efiling account with sars and submit our UIF via this site using an emp201.
    I am a small business owner and have for many years tried my best to keep costs down, succeeding until now. I am petrified of the SARS site and now have no choice but to rope in my accountant to do my ufiling emp201 and emp501 forms.
    If any of you can also verify this that would be great as I really would prefer to continue doing my own ufiling, since business is not as great as it has been in the past and additional costs are not needed at this time.
    failing that if anyone can recommend some small uif assistance company based in Durban north area that I can turn to for some local assistance that would also be great!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heleno View Post
    Apparently - so I have been told - ufiling is becoming a thing of the past and we are now going to be required to register an efiling account with sars and submit our UIF via this site using an emp201.

The curious thing about that is it is the same company that is currently responsible for the uFiling and eFiling scripts nowadays...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post

The curious thing about that is it is the same company that is currently responsible for the uFiling and eFiling scripts nowadays...
    As I understand it we are required to issue an irp5 or IT3 to all staff regardless of whether or not they are under the taxable threshhold, and the efiling system is set up for this.
    this is new territory for me, I do not even have an efiling profile as my accountant does my tax. I was just getting comfortable with the old ufiling site and if the new ufiling site actually worked it would be a pleasure as it is easy to navigate, it is just not allowing data input and historical data is missing, and I have no desire to fix what was already there and up to date, that is not my job. I have already had one brush with a UIF audit and being nailed for a huge penalty in spite of the error not being mine. I do not want to risk being in that position again.
    I have registered an efiling profile and will update this forum IRW it being easy to use OR not, when I am allowed to access it - fica is in process.

10. Thank given for this post:

Annetta (08-Aug-19), Dave A (07-Aug-19)

Thanks
    Hi all,

Is anyone else having problems with the 'Payment' page? Mine will not scroll up enough, so I can see the 'Capture Payment' buttons and 'Pay' buttons for May 2019, only the bottom half of the June ones and my page won't scroll any further, so I can't pay July's payment! My boxes aren't all grey any more, but if it's not one thing, it's another with this site!

In respect of having to file our returns with efiling, why would they do this when they have only just updated the ufiling site? Seems a lot of work (or not) to put into updating a site to then not use it any more! We also really need to keep our costs down, so we do as much of the paperwork as we can between us.

Let me know if anyone else having this problem and if so, did you solve it? I've sent an email to the support site, but if my previous problems are anything to go by, I should get a reply in about 5 months!

Happy Monday everyone!

Bexter12

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast