Thread: Customer Age Analysis Report - Payment Terms Option - Pastel Partner V18

Thanks

Customer Age Analysis Report - Payment Terms Option - Pastel Partner V18

Good Day Team,

Herewith seeking your wisdom - Pastel Partner V18. I have inherited customer balances from a company. I do not know where I've gone wrong with the setup of the new company. I have successfully imported the customer balances of 2018 into the new company 2019 however when I pull the customer age analysis the parameter/field to select ''Payment Terms" in the new company is greyed-out and is set on default reading Ėvery customer sorted by payment terms" instead of allowing me to select Every Customer Aged Monthly. So there is now a difference on the total customer aging 2018 vs aging beginning 2019 in the new company.

Another oversight/ error Ive also made is that I did not consider the aging and rather took on the total outstanding balances at year-end 2018 into 2019 and If I pull the age-analysis in 2019, it shows ageing on 30 days rather than perhaps +120 days!

Pastel gurus, please assist!

Thank you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakwila View Post
    I have successfully imported the customer balances of 2018 into the new company 2019 however when I pull the customer age analysis the parameter/field to select ''Payment Terms" in the new company is greyed-out and is set on default reading Ėvery customer sorted by payment terms" instead of allowing me to select Every Customer Aged Monthly.
    The option "Every customer sorted by payment terms" is only available if you have one or more customer accounts set up as Day Based customers, as opposed to Month Based customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakwila View Post
    Another oversight/ error Ive also made is that I did not consider the aging and rather took on the total outstanding balances at year-end 2018 into 2019 and If I pull the age-analysis in 2019, it shows ageing on 30 days rather than perhaps +120 days!
    If you want to take on the correct ageing balances, you need to capture each aged amount as a separate line item in the journal, with the relevant period number and a unique reference for each aged line item.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Thank you Neville for the insight...appreciated! Ive just run the customer detailed ledgers and am happy to find the total balancing to the customer control account in the TB. When I request the age-analysis the option to select payment term remain greyed. Where in settings can I change or was it suppose to be done at project creation? I still believe the aging is because of the payment term selection. in the old project 2018 the option to select the project term is available!