I have come across many prepaid meters installed by the municipality that is quite sub-standard. They are mostly mounted next to the existing distribution board. and a piece of concrete plaster knocked out of the wall or a slot cut in the DB cover to route the mains through them. If the mains are too short, an extra piece of wire is joined on and the connection taped up. The part that concerns me most however is the fact that they usually feed the existing main breaker from the load (output) side. Although this is probably not illegal, it is not the conventional way. In my experience the main switch was supplied from the top and then a bridge inserted from the bottom (load) side to supply the rest of the installation on the top (supply side). Most breakers are not marked, so I assume that any side could be used for supply. It seems that the reason they do this is is to save space in very crowded distribution boards. In a few instances I have also come across double pole isolators supplied from the "conventional" load side. Is this practice acceptable? (Reg.6.8.2.3)