Thread: PASTEL PARTNER V17 INVENTORY

Thanks

PASTEL PARTNER V17 INVENTORY

Goodday. Please can someone help me I am trying to import inventory batches and I keep getting the following error message "The account or its main account has been blocked and cannot be used. To select an existing code, press <F5> or click the icon on the field. To create a new code, press, <F6>.
    All the codes exist.... none of them are blocked....I have checked and double checked. I have even exported the batch and then reimported it to a supervisor user and still the same problem.

Would anyone know what is causing this or have any idea of things I could try please.
    Thank you.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    It is not the inventory codes that are blocked. It is the general ledger accounts. Go to View...Inventory...Listings - select all your groups and view the report. Go and check the GL accounts that were listed there. Either the sub account or main account is blocked, or the inventory group is still trying to post to a main account that you have added sub accounts to. That would be changed under Setup... Inventory.. Groups.

The easiest way to check the GL accounts is to use the Explorer - Select General Ledger. Right Click the heading "Code" and select columns and tick the blocked field. You can then filter where blocked = "Y" and confirm that none of the accounts listed there are in your Inventory Group setup.

Thanks
    Thank you so much I will try that and revert

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
    It is not the inventory codes that are blocked. It is the general ledger accounts. Go to View...Inventory...Listings - select all your groups and view the report. Go and check the GL accounts that were listed there. Either the sub account or main account is blocked, or the inventory group is still trying to post to a main account that you have added sub accounts to. That would be changed under Setup... Inventory.. Groups.

The easiest way to check the GL accounts is to use the Explorer - Select General Ledger. Right Click the heading "Code" and select columns and tick the blocked field. You can then filter where blocked = "Y" and confirm that none of the accounts listed there are in your Inventory Group setup.
    Thank you worked perfectly.