Thread: Dissapearing invoices

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Dissapearing invoices

Hi, thank you for accepting me on this stunning group
    I am using Xpress17, have recently asked my accountant to sort some problems out and bring my debtors payments up to date, this was done via team viewer.
    I need to invoice daily for the following days deliveries, so while the accountant was online working on my accounts, I could only invoice in the evening, after I invoiced and printed the new invoices, I notices the invoice numbers were the same as the previous days invoices, when I went an checked, the previous days invoices were gone. I normally put them on hold and batch at week end. I had no choice but to use the invoices and just added " /A " after each number. The following day I enquired at the accountant, she eventually replied that they were there, when I checked they were but they were recreated and had different numbers and it followed after my previous days invoices. She says that she did not do this, it might be a pastel glitch, I don't believe this, it was clearly done after my invoicing. Her boss responded that how could she possibly have done it if she didn't have the info for the invoices.So my question is,
    1) can i find out who and how it was done.

2) My customers sign and stamp a copy of the invoice, now my invoice numbers on my computer are incorrect (does not match customer copy) my statements will be incorrect...how do i correct this?
    Many thanks

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Hi Den

1 - Best guess - she made a backup, did some work, saw it was wrong, restored from a backup - after you had processed invoices. You were then "reset" on your invoice numbers and captured the new documents using the old invoice numbers. If she had a backup with your open invoices in them, she could export the batch and import it back into your live data, but due to the fact that the invoice numbers were already used, the old imported invoices would get new numbers. If you go to view...general ledger....transactions....transaction audit trail - filter around the date range you want, and you can see what order the records (by transaction id) were posted to the GL in - it might give you the answer you are looking for?

2 - No simple way to fix that. You could raise a customer journal, using the wrong invoice number as the reference to reverse the entry and then add it back using the correct invoice number, but that is quite messy, and all 3 transactions will then show on the statement. In my experience most smaller organisations have captured the invoice, and if the amounts are the same, seldom check invoice numbers, and just pay the outstanding amount, as long as your statement balance agrees to theirs. Don't panic about it unless the customer queries it, then explain you had a system glitch and that you had to re-invoice your side on a new number.

3. Thanks given for this post:

DenP (29-Jan-19)

Thanks
    Thank you Kevin
    I have just done the ledger view, however the transactions don't show, would that be because they have not been batched, my invoices have not been batched since this happened on the 18th, as I did not know what to do.