I am buying a house and I accept the electrics are not up to standard.

I'm a licensed electrician and I offered to do the COC for the sale. During the testing I find there is no incoming earth from municipality along with the usual problems with a 50+ years old installation.

I said to the home owner the installation is non compliant but more urgently (for me) there is no incoming earth. They got there own electrician to have a look and quoted R37000 rewire which they don't have and wouldn't do anyway.

I said I don't mind the non compliant electrics - I'm going to rewire and renovate anyway so I offered to put in a temp board and COC that once teh main incoming earth is sorted.

I advised the home owner to get he municipality out and fix that (as its before the main switch).

Long story short, 6 month later I finally get the municipality to come out and sure enough - no earth so they get the guys out and connect the armouring of the SWA cable to earth at the pole as it should be. I have a Nice TN-S earthing system but the wiring is non compliant.

I offered to disconnect existing wiring and put a temp board in now with just and earth leakage, breaker and a socket (for free) and I just sign that off for the purpose of transfer. Once we finish renovation I'll obviously do a full COC for the new installation.

The home owner has moved out and left a family friend in there for security and they won't let me disconnect the existing.

I was going to do a COC literally just covering the characteristics of the supply - number of points - zero.

So basically fill in section 1 and 2 of the COC, indicate no points in section 3 (cross the lot out), fill in applicable in section 4, put my details in section 5 and detail in comment relevant section ("by signing the bottom of page 1 of 4 the home owner accept the installation is switched off and danger notice issued etc etc")

Would that be acceptable to banks? Has anyone had this before? Was it accepted? I figure if teh client signs teh bottom of page 1 or 4 I'm covered.

Suggestion please.

How can I cover myself and get these %$%^holes out.