So my geyser "pops", no problem i have insurance.

Insurance company sends out a "plumber" who removes and replaces my geyser, everyone is happy.

6 months later i decide to sell my house (this is a true story) The electrical inspector arrives to do the electrical inspection report.

The inspector fails the geyser wiring for a number of reasons. The earth was not reconnected (extremely dangerous). The conduit is was removed and not reinstalled, now there is open wiring. Besides all the other issues, like the roof leaking because the plastic was removed and not replaced and a few other things.

My question to the insurance company - Will you pay out if my house burns down due to an electrical problem related to the illegal geyser connection. What happens if i get get electrocuted while standing in the shower, do i have a claim against the insurance company.

Considering a claim can be rejected due to smooth tyres on a vehicle, even if the incident had nothing to do the tyres. Dont you think insurance companies of all people should be using registered legit companies to carry out geyser replacements?