Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need feedback on my first WordPress backup plugin(Completey Free)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Email problem
    Thanks

I need feedback on my first WordPress backup plugin(Completey Free)

Hi guys,

This is Joe, recently I've launched a backup plugin on wordpress.org.
    It's name is WPvivid Backup/Restore - a fully featured backup plugin with a minimalist style for WordPress users.
    I made this because I realized there’s still a growing need for the easier and more affordable WordPress backup solutions.
    Now I need some feedback from you guys to refine it!
    PS: It's completely free(even free update and support) and only hosted at wordpress' plugin directory.

Thanks
    Joe

Email problem
    Thanks
    It is hosted at wordpress.org - https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpvivid-backuprestore/
    Thanks for your time to test it!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Looking at it made me wonder a bit about what it might take to get to get some traction for a Wordpress plugin. (I see there is no shortage of backup plugins on Wordpress.org).

I'm a little focused elsewhere at the moment so please forgive me for not testing it. Reading the detail though, the obvious shortcoming is catering for more of the major cloud solutions.

Good luck with it.

Email problem
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Looking at it made me wonder a bit about what it might take to get to get some traction for a Wordpress plugin. (I see there is no shortage of backup plugins on Wordpress.org).

I'm a little focused elsewhere at the moment so please forgive me for not testing it. Reading the detail though, the obvious shortcoming is catering for more of the major cloud solutions.

Good luck with it.
    Hi Dave, thanks for the feedback! I am working on covering more cloud storage options and some of them are supposed to be available in the next few releases.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Well the fact that it got on wordpress is pretty cool. Most people think they set a low standard but thats not the case in my opinion you dont know how many people get rejected including myself So congrats on that. I have used all in one and duplicator wordpress plugins for backing up. They've been good with duplicator for me being the better of the two. I like that you offer a cloud storage, though many web masters dont like data leaving their server so it may be an issue to get that going. I do many wp sites next next time im working on my localhost il be sure to give this one a shot, congrats again ! Ps i know you have a tut there and some screenshots if you dont already make a video poeple love v\being spoon fed.
    Graphic Design company in East London South Africa | Web design company in East London South Africa
    " A plumbers tap always leaks " - Great advice from a forum member

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by New Perspective studio View Post
    Well the fact that it got on wordpress is pretty cool. Most people think they set a low standard but thats not the case in my opinion you dont know how many people get rejected including myself So congrats on that. I have used all in one and duplicator wordpress plugins for backing up. They've been good with duplicator for me being the better of the two. I like that you offer a cloud storage, though many web masters dont like data leaving their server so it may be an issue to get that going. I do many wp sites next next time im working on my localhost il be sure to give this one a shot, congrats again ! Ps i know you have a tut there and some screenshots if you dont already make a video poeple love v\being spoon fed.
    Hi mate, thank you for the feedback and appreciation.
    Offsite backup is the best way to avoid unexpected server-wide risks, right now I am focusing on adding more cloud options to the plugin, which are supposed to be seen soon in the next few releases.
    Thank you so much again for taking the time to comment.
    PS: A tut on Video for my plugin is also under preparation.

Thanks
    Currently, I am using Updraftplus now, because its free version covers both backup and restore features. Does it include both backup and restore features in its free version?

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi WPboy, many thanks for the feedback and the question!
    The answer is yes, WPvivid Backup/Restore contains pretty much all the basic features a blogger will need to back his site up, which includes backing up and restore a site with one click, scheduling automated backups to cloud storage and more. Also, we'll never charge for all these basic features already included in the plugin, oppositely, we'll keep adding more basic features to the plugin to better satisfy most bloggers basic needs of backing up their site, for example, the support for more cloud options.

Thanks
    Hello, I use the All-In-One Migration Tool to similar effect - how does this differ please? Getting your plug-in on WP is an achievement and after a bad experience with B/Host back up is essential.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hello @AgriBusinessPlans, thank you for your interest in WPvivid Backup/Restore!

Not sure if you have tried WPvivid Backup/Restore on your own site, so here is answer to you question: the most obvious difference between the two backup plugins is the cost of functions: Both of the two plugins contain free onsite backup and restore, but only WPvivid Backup/Restore provides offsite backup and scheduled backup and everything for free.

However, from the creator's perspective, I see the biggest difference should be the details: WPvivid Backup/Restore focuses more on details, it comes with a more straightforward and user-friendly UI. It offers more friendly options to make sure backup successfully, to consume less CPU and bandwidth of your hosting, to organize the backups, to keep your server/server disk space clean...

Well, with that being said, you should definitively give WPvivid Backup/Restore a try by yourself. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have trouble using it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast