Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pictures taken while visiting various sites

Suspended
    Thanks

pictures taken while visiting various sites

no enclosure on the isolator
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	geyser isolator no enclosure.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	173  

Suspended
    Thanks
    the person didnt even know this ballast was burning in the roof i found it while attending to another problem.

Name:	burnt ballasts.JPG 
Views:	318 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	174  

Suspended
    Thanks
    this could be your ceiling...no cover on the junction box twin + earth connected straight in the top of the box...the people who do this work call themselves electricians...i can see why i am out priced on all the jobs i quote for because i sure as heck could not live with myself if this was the kind of work i was offering but again i will say...the customer wants the cheapest quote this is what you get...i just hope for your sake your house doesnt catch on fire because you and your kids could be in the house sleeping at the time...at least you wont have to worry because the insurance will more than likely just pay out...not do an investigation to determine whether or not it was caused by faulty wiring...you would need to be careful because they to will get wise one of these days at the rate buildings are burning down...as you know if you have an accident and your tyres on your vehicle are smooth or your vehicle is unroadworthy they will not pay out for the repairs to be done...i am sure they are going to get wise when it comes to pay outs for illegal wiring which causes your house to burn down.

Name:	bad junction box.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	175   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bundled wiring.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	176  

Suspended
    Thanks
    to the man on the street you wont even see a problem here...the 30 amp circuit breaker has been bypassed and it is now tripping a 50 amp circuit breaker upstream...by the way this DB is in the frail care centre of the old age home.

Name:	bypassed circuit breaker.JPG 
Views:	364 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	177  

Suspended
    Thanks
    this person smelt something burning...i found this behind the washing machine...the fire had already started.

Name:	burnt plug 1.JPG 
Views:	308 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	178  

Suspended
    Thanks
    i took this image while doing a routine check at a customers premises note the temperature 102 degrees

Name:	2 ballasts in an enclosure.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	179  

Suspended
    Thanks
    you wouldnt even see this with the naked eye i was called out because there was a buzzing sound in the DB...i identified the circuit imediately with my thermal imager then procceded to test the circuit with a current clamp the idiot/electrician who wired this panel didnt even do any load tests the blue phase was loaded at 74 amps on a 60 amp 3 phase circuit breaker...the red phase had 10 amps and the yellow/white 16 amps... i balanced the phases and now it is working fine.

Name:	blue phase overloaded.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	180  

Suspended
    Thanks
    i could carry on all night posting pictures...reports sent to the ECA...complaints to the newspaper...wendy knowler...department of labour of more serious issues like the electrical condition in shopping centres...but they all fall on deaf ears because personally i think nobody wants to take on this massive problem.

Thanks
    I am not familiar with electrical problems/assessments/compliance and the various codes of the ECA and who is responsible for what. I only have my experiences to go on here and it would be nice to know what the actual situation is with regard to responsibilities.

As an example - It seems that if I have an electrical compliance certificate in hand (say after having bought a house) and a problem crops up later on with, say junction boxes not having covers on in the roof. I have to look for that electrician to come and rectify the problem. He is my only recourse of action. If he has 'disappeared' - there is nothing I can do beside get another electrician in at my cost to rectify the problem.

ECA or whoever issued the electrician with a certificate to practice is not held responsible to resolve the situation.

Is this true?

I recently had work done where cable to a plug in one of my rooms was rewired and joined to an existing junction box in the roof. I asked for a compliance certificate for the work done and was told that I was not compliant as, one of the many problems, the junction boxes had no covers. Now this 'electrician' says there were no covers to start with, so he did not put any on when he fixed the wiring problem.

So where do I go to resolve this - the original electrician who gave the compliance certificate when I bought the house, bearing in mind that nobody has been in the roof since and that situation must have existed at the time of sale - or to this electrician for not having done a simple task like put a cover on. Putting a cover on would be less time than writing the report and discussing who is responsible for what, cost a few bucks and problem resolved. Or is the ECA responsible for or have insurance for certifying idiots and wanna be electricians that they say can do the job.

To an outsider here - it appears as if there are no real ground rules, no one to take responsibility, anyone with a screwdriver in hand can be an electrician and one can get ripped off by any 'certified' sparky.

but they all fall on deaf ears because personally i think nobody wants to take on this massive problem.
    - I assume that you know this game and have the same problems and concerns that I have. So when you have a problem............what do us non wired peoples do?

Suspended
    Thanks
    all i can say is i feel for the public if there were 30 COC complaints a day on average this year and only 30 of those complaint have been attended to so far the whole year what chance do you think your complaint will be one of them?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast