Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: pictures taken while visiting various sites

Suspended
    Thanks
    talking of insurance...to this day i have never heard of a claim not being paid out for a fire caused by bad workmanship...it is apparently too difficult to prove once the fire has burnt the building down...what i could do is sell the insurance companies some of the reports i have done...proving the installation is electrically unsafe...like the shopping centre fire in durban ( we wont mention names) i could have saved the insure company over R200 000 in fire damage...i would have sold the report to them for less than R100 000...i can reduce the risk of fire by doing thermal hotspot scans on the DBS etc and reduce the risk of fires by pin pointing all potential fire hazards.

for the first time i had a customer call me today because they put in a claim for electronic equipment which was damaged due to a surge in power...the insurance is refusing to pay the claim because thay dont have lightning or surge protection installed in the DB this is gona be an interesting one...i look forward to this inquiry.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,259 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    for the first time i had a customer call me today because they put in a claim for electronic equipment which was damaged due to a surge in power...the insurance is refusing to pay the claim because thay dont have lightning or surge protection installed in the DB this is gona be an interesting one...i look forward to this inquiry.
    It would be great to know how that one turns out.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234