i go visit a mate who is doing building alterations...the first electrician no longer works at the house...the second electrician has been chasing walls and fitting surfix...while chasing the walls cuts one of the exsisting light circuits cables...so no problem he puts a juntion box with a connector and all is well...not really because i notice a piece of plastic sticking through the plaster so i get a hammer and chisiel and break the wall open and guess what i find the other connection point done with a connector block and plastered directly into the wall no junction box...but thats not were it ends i look down and see a 6 mm twin +e connected to the 16 mm supply cable which was a couple meters short so they decide to join a 6 mm piece to extend it and were hoping to plaster it into the floor were nobody would even notice it...it would be fine if the electrician was registered and had to issue the COC but i now find out that he is not registered...he advertises as "a cut above the rest" in the highway mail and he is under investigation for bad workmanship on other sites.