Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Department of Labour Registration Renewal

Thanks

Department of Labour Registration Renewal

Anyone else having problems with renewing registration at DOL.

Our registration has now expired. We have been trying to renew for some time now. Each time our office staff phone them and confirm all our documents are in order so off our driver goes only to be told our documents are wrong!!!!

Certified copies of the MD ID cannot be certified at the PO but must be certified by SAPS???

My employment contract is too old?? The DOL gave us an employment contract form for me to fill out which I am not going to do. As far as I am concerned my employment contract is my contract.

Will not accept my certified copy of my drivers licence with an affidavit that I have lost my ID book (affidavit was their request).

Same people are registering as last year and the same before that. Does anyone know why we have to produce the same documents every year when they should be on record.

That department is useless and frustrating!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RegElec View Post
    Anyone else having problems with renewing registration at DOL.

Our registration has now expired. We have been trying to renew for some time now. Each time our office staff phone them and confirm all our documents are in order so off our driver goes only to be told our documents are wrong!!!!

Certified copies of the MD ID cannot be certified at the PO but must be certified by SAPS???

My employment contract is too old?? The DOL gave us an employment contract form for me to fill out which I am not going to do. As far as I am concerned my employment contract is my contract.

Will not accept my certified copy of my drivers licence with an affidavit that I have lost my ID book (affidavit was their request).

Same people are registering as last year and the same before that. Does anyone know why we have to produce the same documents every year when they should be on record.

That department is useless and frustrating!
    Having exactly the same problem

Email was sent requesting a list of documents required. Reply with the list received. Got the Docs together and headed to Durban. Load shedding so i couldnt park in the Royal parking. Went back the following day, lifts not working due to power problems from the previous days load shedding, walked up to the 10th floor.

I handed in the docs as per the list and left. Got a call today to inform me that the CK 1 document was old (2007 when i registered the business) and had to get a new document for 2018 and a CK2B to prove payments are up to date.

I was also told to collect all my certified documents as they were not valid because a lawyer firm had certified and stamped them. They are saying they could be fraudulent and not acceptable. I have to take all the docs to the police station and get them certified. Then i mentioned that i could produce all the original documents show them. I was told that would be fine because they can certify the documents. It sounds like Christmas is just around the corner and someone is looking for a little something to fill the stocking.

I am also confused as to why i have to produce all the same original documents as i did 3 years ago for renewal.

I went to home affairs today to collect my vault birth certificate...they tell me they dont have it yet...so i leave...call the wife...she indicates that she has a case number and a reference number and had confirmation that the certificate was ready for collection in August 2018...i go back in an give them the case number and reference numbers...1 1/2 hours later my birth certificate is placed on the counter

Suck it up...it is only gona get worse.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    3 years ago there was 1 lady handling registrations, which was done on the same day. There are now 8 people doing the same amount of registrations maybe even less ...which now takes 3 weeks.

Thanks
    I sent an email to who I think is the inspector in Durban detailing all the issues we are having. I got a reply to say that I am not the applicant and if the applicant is having issues then the applicant must send an email.

As the registered electrician in the company it is my responsibility to ensure the registration is current.

This is going to raise the blood pressure before its over.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Durban office has developed a reputation as the most "demanding" in the country when it comes to electrical contractor renewals and updates.

Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    ...which now takes 3 weeks.
    Have you got your renewal through yet? I'll be interested to hear how long it takes (or took).
    Last edited by Dave A; 12-Dec-18 at 08:30 AM.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    The Durban office has developed a reputation as the most "demanding" in the country when it comes to electrical contractor renewals and updates.

Have you got your renewal through yet? I'll be interested to hear how long it takes (or took).
    It has come to a halt due to the certified copies not being valid referred to as "fraudulent" (because they are not done at the SAPS but rather a commissioner of oath)

This is gona get interesting...any lawyers here who could advise us of this new development... Have you seen how long the que is at the Police station ?...i went to report an accident ...the que was out the door and down the road (estimated at about 3 hours long)

I had to do home affairs...post office (license renewal) and electrical registration...and report an accident ...3 days leave to get it done and now another trip to DOL...another half day if there is no load shedding and i plan the trip between lunch...tea breaks and time off.

Quite honestly if it wasnt for a small minority of my customers i would go back to being a pirate contractor...for 10 years i didnt bother with all this crap and never got caught...nobody checks the COC to verify that you are actually registered and nobody checks if the coc has been done correctly...the only way you will get caught is if you are a idiot and get reported for doing a really crap job and even then very few people report dodgy COC's...it is just such a hassle...my customer normally just give me the go ahead to fix it and do it right.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    when they started this process...there was only one lady in the office handling all registration...the same day (over 900 registered contractors) ...how many registered contractors are there now?
    Last edited by ians; 13-Dec-18 at 07:17 AM.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR NEW REGISTRATIONS AND RENEWALS
    1. Complete the Annexure 3: Application Form
    - Are all parts of the form fully and correctly completed
    2. Submit (not older than 3 months) certified copy of:
    2.1 IDs of applicant and registered person (if card, both sides)
    2.2. Registration cards of registered person(s) (both sides)
    2.3. Business registration (CK)
    - Registration certificate issued by CIPC (Cipro) – Not older a year
    2.4 Proof of address (physical)
    - Water account or lease agreement
    2.5 Original proof of payment of non refundable Registration Fee: 1 year – R120
    - (Must be 1 year if applicant is not a registered person)
    4. Proof of employment of a registered person (if applicant is not the business owner)
    - Contract of employment & UIF registration (www.ufiling.co.za)
    5. Original copy of previous registration (if available)
    NOTE
    a) A registered person can be registered with ONLY one contractor
    b) Registration waiting period is 6 weeks
    c) Payments are encouraged to be done at any Labour Dept cashier’s offices including 3rd floor on this building not at the bank

Banking Details:
    o Account holder: Department of Labour
    o Bank: First National Bank
    o Account number: 62025135577
    o Branch code: 253145
    o Reference: OHS: EIR – (name of electrical contractor).

LOST, DAMAGED OR DESTROYED CERTIFICATE
    Submit
    1. Complete the Annexure 6: Application Form
    2. Affidavit stating such lost, damage or destruction
    3. Proof of payment – R120

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Annexure 3
    DEPARTMENT OF LABOUR
    OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY ACT, 1993 (ACT NO. 85 OF 1993)

APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION AS ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR

Department of Labour

R120,00

Sir/Madam

I hereby apply to be registered as an electrical contractor in terms of regulation 6(2) of the Electrical Installation Regulations, 2009. I declare that the particulars given hereunder are, to the best of my knowledge and belief, correct.

1. PARTICULARS OF APPLICANT:

SURNAME OF APPLICANT:…………………………………………………………………………..

NAME OF APPLICANT:………………………………………………………………………………..

ID NO. OF APPLICANT:……………………………………………………………………………….

REGISTERED NAME …………………………………………………………………………………..

TRADING NAME:………………………………………………………………………………………….

State whether your business is: SOLE PROPRIETOR/PARTNERSHIP/COMPANY/CLOSE CORPORATION (delete which is not applicable).

WRITE DOWN YOUR BUSINESS REGISTRATION No.:……………………………………………

IN WHICH PROVINCE IS YOUR BUSINESS SITUATED?………………………………………………

PHYSICAL ADDRESS:………………………………………………………………………………………..

…………………………………………………………………………POSTAL CODE:……………….……

POSTAL ADDRESS:………………………………………………………………………………………….

………………………………………………………………………….POSTAL CODE:……………………

TEL No.:……………………………………CELL No.:………………………………………………………

FAX No.:…………………………………….Email:…………………………………………………………..

2. STATE TYPE OF REGISTRATION YOU HAVE:
    (a) ELECTRICAL TESTER FOR SINGLE PHASE YES/NO
    ETSP No.:…………

(b) INSTALLATION ELECTRICIAN YES/NO
    IE No.:…………………………

(c) MASTER INSTALLATION ELECTRICIAN YES/NO
    MIE No.:…………………………

New registration/renewal (delete which is not applicable).

3. WHERE REGISTERED PERSON(S) IS/ARE EMPLOYED ON A FULL-TIME BASIS, COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING: (Section 3 can be filled in as many times as the number of registered person/s employed by the business). Notify the chief inspector in case of any changes.

SURNAME OF REGISTERED PERSON:…………………………………………………………...

NAME/S OF REGISTERED PERSON:………………………………………………………………

ID NUMBER OF REGISTERED PERSON:…………………………………………………………..

TYPE OF REGISTRATION: TSP/IE/MIE (delete which is not applicable)

REGISTRATION NUMBER:………………………………..DATE ISSUED:…………………………..

4. IN SUPPORT OF YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:

(a) Certified copy of your ID and, where applicable, certified copies of ID’s of registered person(s);
    (b) Certified copy of business registration No.;
    (c) Certified copy of the relevant registration certificate(s) (both sides)

Signature of the applicant:………………………………………………..Date:…………………………

FOR OFFICE USE ONLY

Application: APPROVED/NOT APPROVED

Reason/s for refusal:………………………………………………………………………………………..

Signature:……………………………….. Designation:…………………………………………

Registration No.:…………………………………………… Renewal date: …………………………….

Date:………………………………

Thanks
    As I said in my email to the inspector in Durban it seems that they are making their own rules.

Why should you have to submit the same forms every year for the same applicants. No wonder contractors are getting the `couldn't be bothered attitude`.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast