Heres one i Know the seasoned business owners are going to laugh at but hey we all have to learn. I dont laugh at fat people walking into a gym if you get my drift.

My business is small. It has grown quite a bit in the last few months and I was facing issues with workflow which got me to thinking about employing somebody else and paying them a salary.

Then i realised something i dont even pay myself a salary. I mean I would take a look at the monthly figures and a certain percentage would go to covering costs, another percentage into the marketing budget and so forth and whats left would be mine.

The last few months, it being end of year and all, have been up and down and at times working on my percentage value my marketing budget for example would be too big for my liking, so \I would set some aside for the next month.

As you can see this is a very inconsistent way of working with finances. I have heard many old businessmen say bosses dont get salaries i always assumed that meant they take whats left after everything is paid and then some for growth.

I have no qualifications in finance or even business this much should be apparent.

What is the best option regarding the owner of a business and how much he takes home. Obviously for the budgeting part i think i need to move away from a percentage based budget and try to work on some kind of yearly average right?