Thread: S A Post Office time to deliver mail

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

S A Post Office time to deliver mail

I have been aware that the post office has a backlog on post deliveries. Today I got a sense as to just how far behind they are.

I received a set of business bank statements dated 11 August 2018 today. Hooray! At last! I thought, as I sat down to reconcile.
    And discovered I still have not received the July 2018 batch as yet.

I also got the 12 October 2018 set today. But you guessed it, no September 2018 statements as yet.

When a client says "the cheque is in the mail - I sent it months ago", seems it could be true just at the moment

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    I received a bank statement last month from April 2018...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I have been aware that the post office has a backlog on post deliveries. Today I got a sense as to just how far behind they are.

I received a set of business bank statements dated 11 August 2018 today. Hooray! At last! I thought, as I sat down to reconcile.
    And discovered I still have not received the July 2018 batch as yet.

I also got the 12 October 2018 set today. But you guessed it, no September 2018 statements as yet.

When a client says "the cheque is in the mail - I sent it months ago", seems it could be true just at the moment
    I opted for email only for statements. That works well. My last customer who paid by cheque now EFTs so happiness is progress brought on by Post Office incompetence.
    We also stopped posting products and just use a courier or customer collect.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Thats the strange thing with some companies. I also have my statements by email. For some reason every now and then they (or rather their systems) decides its better to post the statements...

Thanks
    Oh South Africa, shame shame shame on you!! I also received items 3 months later from due date!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It is remarkable that an organisation who's core product (standard mail) is under assault by electronic delivery (via email and the like) has allowed their service levels to slip as badly as this. If they want to stand any chance of competing for what might be left (delivery of originals), they should be improving their delivery standards, not trashing them.

Then there is their golden opportunity to replace that lost core - product delivery for online shoppers. They are properly stuffing that one up as well - with shockingly poor loss rates and turnaround times.

And this is going to be the solution for social security benefit payouts?

Thanks
    It would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    ..........Then there is their golden opportunity to replace that lost core - product delivery for online shoppers.
    Alas too late, that ship has already sailed....and then some. I received my replacement bank debit card a week ago, it was delivered to my door.....by Takealot.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Unfortunately in this case it is not the top man's error here (Mark Barnes), the issue is the unions who feel that they are above everyone else and continuously go on strike or go slow because of their constant wage increase demand, and right now due to the the corrupt practices of previous managements, the Post office just does not have to money to pay past bills and does not have money to even pay COD for current services, and here I am referring to delivery vehicles. So the more they strike, the less chance there is of turning the business around.

I have had this experience many years ago, and finally closed that business. In the end, it was one union member who had been threatening the complete staff compliment and sabotaging the manufacturing line simply because in the unions mind that the owner was making a fortune n the back of the employees labour. Oh how wrong they always are. Some of those employees after all these years have not found employment yet. So sad when there is no backbone to stamp out the unions, who continuously destroy business, look what happened to the textile, gold and platinum sector, and soon to follow other manufacturing sectors.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My September bank statements arrived last week. Still no sign of July 2018's bank statements though.