Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Quickbooks Journey

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmithS View Post
    host smtp.ucebox.co.za [xx.xx.xxx.x]
    That is the email server which has "blown the whistle" - probably yours given that it's an email to gmail that has not been sent.

You probably should talk to your email service provider about the spam detection settings for your account.
    You can also play with the wording in the covering email, although the issue looks likely to be multiple emails being sent to the same email address in very close succession.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    In Quickbooks Customer Centre, a record is kept of all emailed Quickbooks documents; the bcc probably is not necessary.

The way I read the error message, it is your SMTP server that suspects your own email as being spam, but I may be very wrong.

But in any event remove the BCC and try again to a test mail recipient if you can.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Thanks guys,

So I had a chat with my hosting provider and ISP...

1. Blocked email released and trained
    2. Advised to turn on/activate SMTP authentication. Can this be done in QuickBooks?
    3. Advised to unblack list IP from Spamhaus PBL. Any experience on this?

Thanks,

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    2. Advised to turn on/activate SMTP authentication. Can this be done in QuickBooks?
    Nothing to do with Quickbooks. It is done on your email server (ucebox.co.za).

Are you on shared hosting or do you have a VM with a dedicated IP address or more?
    Do you manage your hosting with cPanel or some other hosting manager software?

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Hi Dave,

Shared hosting managed via cPanel

SMTP authentication I am referring to is e.g. how in outlook you have a toggle for my server requires authentication... Not sure if putting in your email account user name and password is considered as authentication or you have to activate it specifically in the software sending emails (QBs) like how you would toggle it on in outlook... If it makes sense...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    SMTP authentication I am referring to is e.g. how in outlook you have a toggle for my server requires authentication... Not sure if putting in your email account user name and password is considered as authentication or you have to activate it specifically in the software sending emails (QBs) like how you would toggle it on in outlook... If it makes sense...
    Quickbooks will use your default email client (such as Outlook) to send emails (check your sent items folder). If Quickbooks is sending email via Outlook and your Outlook settings are correct, you're good to go on your client side.

The real issue is with your email service provider. In shared hosting, some of the critical elements are set by your hosting service provider - such as requiring authentication to access the SMTP service. This shouldn't be a setting you can get to in shared hosting cPanel.

What you can do to improve email deliverability on shared hosting with cPanel is under Email Authentication, make sure DKIM and SPF are enabled, and your SPF record is set correctly (I think cPanel pretty much takes care of the details automatically nowadays).

3. Advised to unblack list IP from Spamhaus PBL. Any experience on this?
    Removing a blacklisting for an IP address can only be done by the host of the IP address. On shared hosting, if you receive a report that the sending IP has been blacklisted, you'll have to pass this on to your hosting service provider to resolve.

7. Thanks given for this post:

AmithS (23-Apr-19)

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Hi Dave, my emails are sent directly from Quickbooks, its not integrated with Outlook. So basically all the smtp info you would input into Outlook is input directly into Quickbooks bar the toggle to activate smtp authentication required like in outlook. (not sure if it can be done or is necessary as its not a feature in Qbs)

I didn't think about the DKIM & SPF - The records were actually not set correctly/invalid. They setup and valid now. Will try sending some emails through QBs again in the week and see how it goes.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    If im not mistaken, before all you had to do was add an entry to allow another server to send emails on your behalf.

Now I see you need to add the key to the remote server... to allow sending...

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Hi Guys,

When I setup my QBs company file. I had to put in the opening balances of my bank accounts so everything balances and could be reconciled. i.e. I did not use QBs from day one in my business...

So I see this opening balances appear as Share Capital on my balance sheet in QBs.

Is this correct?
    What does the Share Capital mean in accounting terms for my business and myself?

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Hi Guys,

When I setup my QBs company file. I had to put in the opening balances of my bank accounts so everything balances and could be reconciled. i.e. I did not use QBs from day one in my business...

So I see this opening balances appear as Share Capital on my balance sheet in QBs.

Is this correct?
    What does the Share Capital mean in accounting terms for my business and myself?
    Any thoughts? I am using the QBs standard balance sheet report...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast