Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to keep business alive in this recession

Thanks
    Hi Andy

We are in the business of underfloor heating. Yes, the main problem is the recession. Prior to this we were doing very well. As well as the fact of Eskom tarriffs. It's not only me, it's the general state of South Africa.

Thanks
    Thank you very much for your input. These are all excellent points which we most of we have done. However there just is no feedback from potential customers. As for the holiday? Lol. I'm just barely keeping afloat, good idea though.

Silver Member PlatinumWealth.co.za's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Heating View Post
    I see at least your business is in the right field. We supply and install underfloor heating which is electrical and dependant on Eskom. I like your website. Have a look at mine,
    https://www.underfloorheating.joburg
    Curious, do you see "Seasons" in your business like are people more likely to buy during winter or summer or is it evenly split?
    The JSE Investment and Finance Forum - PlatinumWealth.co.za
    JSE Investing Chat Group
    Unlock US Netflix

Thanks
    Strangely enough, our busiest time would be around this time till year end. People want to finish their homes before Christmas and most people also get their bonuses from now. But now, that's not happening. This economy is messed up with the way this country is being managed. And people don't have money like they used to.

Thanks
    Yes, I see so. We however recommend the programmable thermostats to conserve energy consumption.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Heating View Post
    Strangely enough, our busiest time would be around this time till year end. People want to finish their homes before Christmas and most people also get their bonuses from now. But now, that's not happening. This economy is messed up with the way this country is being managed. And people don't have money like they used to.
    Do what people complain about all the time...crime for example...people are scared so they use up all their resources to protect their families...get in on the action while its still hot...anything to do with security is good business...for example every man and his dog are installing cctv kits...you can buy them cheap cheap cheap and do hit and run projects to make a few bob to keep you going while you find another source of income...just dont get caught up in the "system" overdrafts and credit card debt...we all make this mistake and when times are tough the system has no pity for you and your problems they just want their money to fuel the system...so many companies get caught up in it which results in the 95 % fail rate of business in SA...its not recess that kills business...its the debt to the system that kills a business.

The fact that cctv cameras cant identify most criminals is not import...it makes people feel a sense of security...at least they get to watch the movie afterwards....take their money while they still think its a solution to preventing crime.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    The fact that cctv cameras cant identify most criminals is not import...it makes people feel a sense of security...at least they get to watch the movie afterwards....take their money while they still think its a solution to preventing crime.
    Assuming the thieves don't steal the recording device

Suspended
    Thanks
    its very hard to say, just keep believe your self that you recover all within months. that's all.

Silver Member PlatinumWealth.co.za's Avatar
    Thanks
    If your margins allow, perhaps get on the Black Friday train. People will be inclined to buy stuff which they would not have bothered to buy otherwise, so there might be an opportunity there.
    The JSE Investment and Finance Forum - PlatinumWealth.co.za
    JSE Investing Chat Group
    Unlock US Netflix

Thanks
    Your comments are nice to read but at the end of the day I have not received any useful information on how to keep my business afloat.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast