Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to make South Africa prosperous?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    STOP BUILDING MASSIVE WAREHOUSES TO DISTRIBUTE RUBBISH FROM CHINA.

Start building more factories and homes for the people of this country.

Execute all corrupt "public servants" who steal earnings from the hard working public.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by New Perspective studio View Post
    And here i am dancing around my words hoping not to offend anybody. Lol. The voters who would leave the ANC would go to the EFF most likely, never the DA ( let me stop dancing, they are probably the most realistic shot we have at some sort of order ). Im not sure if we would be better off or worse off with the EFF although im leaning towards the latter.
    The EFF will take over this country. The question is are you ready for that kind of radical change.

Thanks
    I think with the EFF, things will be worse. Don't forget they went to look for advice from Chavez, and look at Venezuela today. I think the only thing that was achieved from all those meetings, are red berets!! Lol.

Thanks
    "Do not follow a party blindly", how do you get that message to the masses? Here in South Africa, the masses do not read not listen to the news. It is so easy to manipulate them into believing the injustices veiled as truth.

Thanks
    Can someone ever be ready to be taken over by a government like the EFF? I don't even think that the people who can vote them in are aware of the Hell South Africa could become.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    My 2c: As soon as someone becomes economically empowered:

- The incentive to commit crime reduces.
    - They are able to educate their children (and possibly themselves) which in turn leads to better political decision making and allows an economy to grow.

By economically empowered I don't necessarily mean be given a job. Although thats nice, I don't think its possible on the scale we require. Instead everyone should be starting and running their own business. I'm not naive, I know that this has huge hurdles, such as finding markets to supply your services or products and coming up with ideas for products and services. However if we could make it happen, it would be a huge boost.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    STOP BUILDING MASSIVE WAREHOUSES TO DISTRIBUTE RUBBISH FROM CHINA.

Start building more factories and homes for the people of this country.
    This I think is crucial. I have some serious doubts about a blanket open world market. We cannot compete against China when we have different rules on labour. And no I don't advocate reducing the standards for SA labour, I just don't think cheap Chinese goods should be brought into our country at the expense of competitive local suppliers. Export / Import markets should be for goods that cannot be obtained locally or where there is an uncompetitive local market sector.

Thanks
    The picture that you paint here would be ideal. However, don't forget that we are in a vicious circle where the people vote the corrupt in and the corrupt takes the people's money AND yet, next elections they will continue to vote the corrupt back into power!! How do we break this circle?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I am told...80 % of Africa is already owned by China....i wonder when they plan to come in and clean up.

The bottom line is money talks and shyte walks...as silly as this statement sounds...the reality is everyone can be bought ...at a price...and boy are the greedy taking advantage.

Thanks
    All the ideas shared are spot on on what can be done to improve it all, I agree.

However ... I am a wee bit pessimistic.

How to implement all these good ideas, how to get them working consistently, as education is wot, a 20(?), year plan. So multiple presidencies, no?
    Job creation, infrastructure upgrades ... decades.

As good as the success stories are out there, and there are, a lot, we, the majority, have become irrelevant.

Let me explain, illustrate, non factual, authors freedom: How many people actually vote in SA?
    Wikipedia says in 2014 there where 18,5mil valid votes and 252 000 spoilt votes.
    Total votes cast was 18,75 mil votes
    Registered Voters: 25,4 mil
    Total population: +-54-56 mil people.

So less than half of SA votes. (Are u/18 the 50%, illegal immigrants?)
    And of that half a few mil more than actually half voted.
    With more and more non-deliverance from political parties, those voters may become even less.

To fix the problem we need a leader/s that can pull this nation together, the majority votes, under one flag, as one nation ... s[he] will have to be a "super hero", for divisive (as a nation) we stand.

So get a leader, the rest will follow, and together we WILL sort it all out.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast