Thread: New engine

Thanks

New engine

Hi, quick question. I replaced an engine under warranty. Got a letter from the dealership. They say I must now go to the police to get a police clearance for the new engine, and they may need to stamp the engine.

What else do I need to do? Does the vehicle need to be re-registered, since the old engine number shows on all the paperwork such as license and roadworthy, registration paper, etc?

Has anyone here been through that process?

What complicates it is that this is a work vehicle, used in Mpumalanga, while I'm based in the Western Cape and the vehicle is registered in the Western Cape.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Safaridad View Post
    Hi, quick question. I replaced an engine under warranty. Got a letter from the dealership. They say I must now go to the police to get a police clearance for the new engine, and they may need to stamp the engine.

What else do I need to do? Does the vehicle need to be re-registered, since the old engine number shows on all the paperwork such as license and roadworthy, registration paper, etc?

Has anyone here been through that process?

What complicates it is that this is a work vehicle, used in Mpumalanga, while I'm based in the Western Cape and the vehicle is registered in the Western Cape.
    Hi Safaridad,

I was sitting with a similar issue and let me tell you it’s a headache not knowing where to go and who to speak to. You will sit at the traffic department for hours and run up and down trying to have the issue resolved. With my first vehicle replaced my old engine with a new one and opted to do everything myself what a headache with my second vehicle did the same and rather chose to save myself a lot of time and headaches and rather used a company to deal with it for me. I am in the trade of buying vehicles that have been in accidents so it’s something I deal with a lot if the cars motor has to be replaced with a new one.

Searched for a company online that deals with vehicle police clearance and came across a company called Police Clear. There pricing was not as exuberant as the other places I contacted and I found the information on their website https://www.policeclear.co.za/ to be real informative explaining every step of the process. I hope that my information I provided will be able to help you in resolving your problem give me a shout if there’s anything else I can still assist you with.