Thread: how to stop taxi from displaying rude/offensive pics?

Thanks

how to stop taxi from displaying rude/offensive pics?

i live in Phoenix, Durban-many of you know how it is here.
    theres been an increase recently in the number of taxis that have rude or offensive graphics- basically its stick-on panels with rappers smoking weed/ganja and female rappers/singers wearing almost nothing and in very lewd poses.

a few concerned residents approached the taxi owners but they are not prepared to remove or at least change what they have displayed on their taxis and one driver confidentially told one of the parents that many owners are drug merchants and they intentionally display all this lewd/rude pics because they realised that this promotes promiscuity and drug use among teenagers- and thats good for business.

we have spoken to the police but they say that until we can come forward with proof that they are breaking the law with those pics, they cant do anything about it

is there anything that can be done to stop this?
    is there any law etc that prohibits this?
    i know that underage persons arent allowed to watch material thats age restricted but what can we do in this case?

as far as getting them arrested for drugs- thats a pipe dream bcos theres corruption in the police force as well.
    the stuff on the taxis is something out in the open and they cant hide/deny that.
    A “conspiracy theory” no longer means an event explained by a conspiracy. Instead, it now means any explanation, or even a fact, that is out of step with the government’s explanation and that of its media pimps.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    MS, you could try lodging a complaint with the Film and Publication Board. I have no idea how that might work out, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Ultimately though I suggest we live in a world where sensuality has become so pervasive, preventing our youth from being exposed to this sort of thing entirely would require restrictions on their life that may bring our own fitness to be parents into question. If we can't prevent this from reaching our kids without becoming monsters ourselves, then perhaps the best we can do is inoculate our children against the onslaught.

Our children are conscious beings capable of making decisions. We need to equip them to make the right decisions.

Actually, perhaps that has always been true. What has changed is we now need to start their education younger and be bolder in our approach - just as the pernicious forces they are inevitably exposed to have done.

3. Thanks given for this post:

flaker (01-Sep-18)

Thanks
    thanks...will try the FPB
    A “conspiracy theory” no longer means an event explained by a conspiracy. Instead, it now means any explanation, or even a fact, that is out of step with the government’s explanation and that of its media pimps.

Thanks
    If the images they're using have an owner ie a picture of Bob Marley with a spliff you could even try reporting to SAFACT for copyright abuse especially if the images are being used in an unsavoury manor. https://www.saf-act.co.za/

Thanks
    As Dave pointed out, you can't really stop young people from accessing that kind of imagery. I hope you find a way of complaining about what the taxis are doing though. That's just awful.

Suspended
    Thanks
    It is easy to educate your children then fighting this war against inappropriate advertising. Your children will know about these things one way or another so i will focus on my children rather then wasting my energy on so many other factors.