Thread: Share Market

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Share Market

I understand that the buying and selling of shares on line is a cut throat business and you have to have a good understanding of the company you want to invest in. Being very ignorant I have clearly made a hasty decision to purchase shares in Aveng and Steinhoff. Logic just told me that both these companies are at an all time low. They can only go up. If any one out there is will to share a few pearls of wisdom. Companies the size of Aveng and Steinhoff don't just vanish. Do you believe they will find there feet in the next few months and do you foresee the share price climbing again or are we looking at both companies deregistering.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by clintdiesel View Post
    I understand that the buying and selling of shares on line is a cut throat business and you have to have a good understanding of the company you want to invest in. Being very ignorant I have clearly made a hasty decision to purchase shares in Aveng and Steinhoff. Logic just told me that both these companies are at an all time low. They can only go up. If any one out there is will to share a few pearls of wisdom. Companies the size of Aveng and Steinhoff don't just vanish. Do you believe they will find there feet in the next few months and do you foresee the share price climbing again or are we looking at both companies deregistering.
    I started a few years ago investing and have learnt the hard way.
    Number one rule for me know if never invest for a turnaround. I have lost quite a bit in EOH. What I try to concentrate on is investing in stable well run companies.
    My top returns are in
    Capitec
    Mondi
    First Rand
    Discovery and
    Naspers.
    Worst are
    Resilient
    and Blue Label Telcoms
    The last 2 look like well run companies and have been hammered on the JSE. At the moment m going to hang on and see if my faith is rewarded.

If you are serious about investing I suggest look at doing a course on this. I did the mafiabuzz course and that has helped focus my thinking.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!