Thread: Quotation

Thanks

Quotation

Good day All, I have a client who I quoted in April 2018 and on this quote I made a mistake which I was not aware of. The client had the quotation in his possession since April, in June he asked me to add more items to the original quote and because he never brought the mistake to my attention or even queried me on it, I was under the impression that everything is honky dory with the quote. At the end of June his client paid us (the suppliers) directly for the revised quote. We started delivering the goods and it was only with what would have been the last delivery I became aware of my mistake, needless to say we had to supply the product I did not quote for at our cost because all the blame was put squarely on me. Now he is returned stock that was on the original quotes for credit but he wants us to give him the a credit that is due to his client who paid us, I want to know because we supplied the client the stock that was short, can we use the credit to get some of the cost that we suffered back. This client admitted that he never checked the quote on the two occasions he received it, wasn't also at fault.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    What does your sales terms and conditions say about returns?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Before we get into the "refund for goods returned" part of this story, can I make sure I've understood this part correctly. You say -
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbornlove130187@gmail. View Post
    needless to say we had to supply the product I did not quote for at our cost because...
    Exactly what was this mistake?
    Was it a lump sum quote for all items, or was the pricing itemised in the quote?
    If the quote pricing was not not itemised, at least were all the items quoted on listed in the quote?
    Were the items in question specifically mentioned in the quote?

Thanks
    I quoted him the wrong quantity on one of the items, he was looking for 10 lengths of 5m pipe and I quoted him 10m off pipe, but the price on the unit on the quote is mete and the price is also in per meter, it was a itemised quote. All the products was listed on the and it was not as if this client did not buy from us before, he new exactly how our products is priced

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The way I see it is this:

It was your quote that was accepted, not the RFQ.
    If your quote clearly specifies Rx per meter, then that is what you are entitled to charge.
    This assumes the client is responsible for determining the quantity required. If you determined that the client requires y meters for the project, I can see why responsibility might shift to you (if the issue of variations isn't covered in the fine print).

If your quote is silent on the unit of measure and the RFQ was specific, I can see why the client could claim the unit is as per the RFQ.