Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Diet and Weight Loss | The best diet plan and natural ways of weight loss

Thanks

Weight loss like a boss

Lose weight within 2 weeks

You've certainly heard your fair share of bizarre weight-loss advice over the years, whether it's to drink celery juice every day or to eat weight-loss "cookies" instead of meals. Those tips are frequently offered by people who have no medical training. (In other words, proceed with caution.)
    But, just as there is a lot of bad weight-loss advice to avoid, there are also a lot of good, research-backed, and expert-approved solutions.
    1. Chew Deliberately
    "I teach my customers how to select foods they enjoy, taste each morsel as it enters their mouths, and chew slowly. I tell them to chew carefully and only swallow when the meal is completely chewed. It takes time for us to realize we're full. Eating slowly not only allows us to enjoy our food more, but it also provides us with greater satiety cues.
    2. You Bite It, You Write It!
    "That's my rule, and multiple studies have proven that food journaling can help you lose weight. One of my clients went on a week-long trip out of town. She stopped keeping a journal and gained 13 pounds as a result. I can assure you that keeping a food log is beneficial!”
    3. Work out with anything that moves.
    “That's my mantra, and I've been saying it since I fractured my back and became paralyzed from the waist down. It can be done in bed, while sitting, standing, or walking. Simply move. People have the impression that five minutes don't make a difference; yet, every minute does."
    4. Keep a Daily Gratitude Journal
    "Whether we recognize it or not, our eating habits are frequently linked to our emotions." We tend to go for sweets when we're worried. I encourage my customers that keeping a gratitude notebook on a daily basis can help them cope with stress by acknowledging it rather than reaching for dessert."
    5."Get Enough Z's"
    Sleep deprivation raises the hunger hormone ghrelin and lowers the'satisfaction' hormone leptin, which can lead to weight gain. When we don't get enough sleep, we crave salty and sweet foods. Why? Because your appetites for greater energy — aka higher calorie — meals grow whenever you sense more extreme hunger. We also know that lack of sleep affects our ability to think and process emotions, so it's easy to link this to a decreased ability to make sensible decisions in many aspects of life, including food. We can reasonably assume that if we flip the coin, we will make better decisions when we are well rested. When it comes to food, that would be a no-no.
    Last edited by Dave A; 10-Oct-21 at 04:00 PM.

Thanks
    So we can slowly adapt practicing yoga and meditation with good and healthy food and most importantly keeping our selves happier. Sleep is also an important aspect. to learn more view my bio.

Thanks
    Thanks for sharing, but I don't believe in such methods. When it comes to losing weight, medical advice and support is required.

Thanks
    Trying to exersize away a bad diet wont work. Exersize is important, however, is not as important as a good diet. When it comes to losing weight, before you rush out and join that gym down the road, first change your eating habits and the extra kilo's will dissappear without much physical effort. Been there, done that.

Thanks
    What works for one individual, dos not mean that it will be successful with someone else.

We are also way too hard on our selves when it comes to not sticking to certain lifestyle changes...

To me it is not called dieting, or fasting, it is just a simple lifestyle change, and I say simple because all I do is reduce everything.... reduce the calorie intake... reduce my food portions

Always remember to reward your self for sticking to your plan for a few days of the week... have that awesome burger or ice-cream as a reward, but as with everything... in moderation.. and make a cheat meal, not a cheat day.

I always treat myself at least once a week, to whatever I want to have, or crave and I have cut absolutely nothing from my eating habits (notice I don't say diet)

You will slip at times.. we all do, but don't be too hard on yourself, that is the reality of doing something like this....

Also, take that dreaded first selfie, showing you in your glory in your undies... and monitor how those pics change over time... that in itself is a huge motivator, besides the positive comments on your transformation from family and friends

It may be harder for some more than others, but I believe it is over complicated in so many ways, and that is what demotivates people.... keep it simple and effective

6. Thanks given for this post:

Blurock (03-Apr-23)

Thanks
    Also, walking every single day, just for 20 - 30 minutes is also a huge catalyst in losing weight, together with your calorie intake and portion control...

I also drink water 30 minutes before a meal, and that makes a huge difference with how hungry I am when the time arrives to eat my food.... because then I always eat less, because I feel more full from the water.

The water also assists with rapidly digesting your food faster, which also helps...

As I said, this is always far too over complicated... stick to the basics and you will always achieve your goal, depending on how long you continue with it

Thanks
    What I've learned, focusing on losing weight with no blood tests to properly measure that what you are doing is right, will have a high success in failure.

More and more reports are coming out re. the populace becoming obese, the right blood test will put one on the right path much faster.

Re. losing weight in a week or two ... I can lose 3-5 kg in 24h, and gain it all back in 24h. No jokes. Did it for fun!

To lose:
    1) Go to the toilet, "dump" everything.
    2) Drink a lot more fluids. "Dump" it all again.
    3) Followed by not eating or drinking anything for 24h.
    3-5kg lost.

To gain:
    1) Drink a LOT of fluids.
    2) Have a few big meals.
    3) Have some more fluids.
    4) Hold out, don't go to the toilet too fast.
    3-5kg gained back.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Agreed, it is important to watch your weight. Stop snacking and all the bad habits. Everything in moderation, but Friday night is pizza night, red wine and chocolate.
    You also have to keep the mind healthy and enjoy life!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123