Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Being right has been debilitating

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @Chris - What do you predict for the USA for the coming year?

Events of the past week have certainly overtaken the orange circus stage!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNG53 View Post
    And once you are part of the "majority" it is time to sit back, clear you head and diligently examine your stance ... as history has proved time and time again that the majority can be VERY wrong.
    In my view the majority is wrong most of the time because of a herd mentality. Most people cannot or will not think for themselves and just go with the flow. It starts at school where peer pressure may persuade a child to do or partake in something that is essentially against their upbringing. Strong character and morals are required to resist.
    Even so, I am still baffled how people can keep on voting for a party that is so corrupt and has caused them so much hardship as we have experienced.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    I am still baffled how people can keep on voting for a party that is so corrupt and has caused them so much hardship as we have experienced.
    I understand why they vote for the party - they do because the party set them free from enslavement. They believe that anything is better than what they had in the past. We see failure and they see success. They simply do not know that things could be better. I also think that what is going on in the US at the moment strengthens the idea that they will never allow white rule.

I love the following saying because it is perfectly apt for our current situation:

To rats bats are angels.
    ( This saying does not refer to a particular group of people but rather expresses the idea that one looks up to that which one can understand within the context of your own limited understanding and environment. )

One needs to look at the world through the eyes of others, not only in the moment but also in the past and in the future to understand why they think the way they do.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    "The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe because it's handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them." -Unknown

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    "The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe because it's handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them." -Unknown
    Maybe.... but the wood at least have a choice in the matter.

I am not pro the current government but I am not blind to the past.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Are we going to see more anarchy?
    Are we going to see another Zimbabwe?
    Zimbabwe is doomed for the foreseeable future.
    Let us have the conversation!
    Blog: http://coginito.blogspot.com Cognito ergo sum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Maybe.... but the wood at least have a choice in the matter.

I am not pro the current government but I am not blind to the past.
    When South Africans voted against apartheid, we voted for a democratic society. What we have now is apartheid in reverse plus corruption as we have never seen before. Black people are worse off as there are no jobs, no functional state departments, poor or non-existent medical, school and ongoing civil unrest due to lack of services. Rising prices of water and electricity as a direct result of corruption. More power given to traditional leaders to exploit and suppress their own people. Why can they not own the land and houses where they are staying? Why are there no text books in the other official languages, only English and Afrikaans? What has the government been doing for 25 years? Does it take that long to take down monuments and change names?

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    To agree with everything is a fatalistic and lame ass approach. People must have the conviction and courage to stand up for what is right. Fight against corruption, fight against exploitation and fight against racism. That does not mean anarchy and looting as is now happening in the USA and what has happened in Hong Kong is acceptable. We are supposed to be civilized beings and acting in such a barbaric manner is even worse than the crimes committed against us.
    Problem is that Zimbabwe is a police Sate and has been from the time of the genocide known as Gukurahundi.
    This can't be fixed in the foreseeable future.
    Let us have the conversation!
    Blog: http://coginito.blogspot.com Cognito ergo sum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.