Thread: DISCOUNT PROCESSING

Thanks

DISCOUNT PROCESSING

Hi all, I need help AGAIN Pastel Xpress V 14. I processed a receipt from a customer and after 3 weeks found I hadn't included his discount allowed for early payment. This amount is now showing as outstanding. How can I correct that in the right period and what contra accounts do I used. Do I process as a normal receipt using "G"? How would this then allocate it to the customers ledger?
    Many thanks in advance

Thanks
    Hi AnnaC,

First rule: make a backup before attempting a correction.

You could do a credit note for that Customer allocating it to "Discount allowed for early payment" and the correct date. Update your Credit note.

If you have not updated your Cash Book yet ... you could go back to his payment and match it there.

If you have updated your cash book, then you go to "Process" "Match Open Item" and match the outstanding amount there. Print his Statement to screen to check that you are happy with the way it worked out. If not you restore and start again.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Thank you Mike,
    Unfortunately Cash Book is updated already. On further investigation, I noticed that other discounts I processed hads't pulled through to the customer's account. I've really messed up here. I processed the payment using "C" in the normal way and then on the second line, I selected "G" (for whatever stupid reason) and using the same reference number, I processed their discount. This obviously hasn't reduced the customer's balance and of course messed up other GL accounts. I've not used discounts before so this has baffled me. Payment is reflected on their statement but not the discount. PLEASE tell me how I correct this. I really feel angry with myself for doing this!

Thanks
    Hi AnnaC - I have send you a private message.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

5. Thanks given for this post:

AnnaC (31-Jul-18)

Thanks
    Hi Mike - sorry only responding now. I responded by mail but I believe I should have responded via the forum. Thanks for your kind assistance. I realised my error - not all the columns were visible and obviously the discount column was hidden. I have corrected this now. I picked up another problem though and don't have any idea how it happened. I processes payments and a few days later on checking on a customer, realised the payment is not reflecting. When I look at the Cash Book, I see that a few payments are described as "Consolidated"....How on earth did that happen. It seems they all have different reference numbers??? Know HOW this happened will help me greatly in avoiding the same issue next time. I have processed numerous payments in the same way and this has not happened before?

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Hi Anna - not too sure how this could have happened. Perhaps the same reference numbers were used in the Payments as well as the Receipts part of the Cash Book. If this was the case then it is best to use a letter in front of the number - for example P1035 for a payment and R1035 for a receipt.

The only other thing that I can think of is that the reference numbers had been used on a previous occassion ... perhaps in an earlier month.

8. Thanks given for this post:

AnnaC (07-Aug-18)