If you ever see anything where a politician is just mouthing off the most unbelievable pile of tripe, please add it here. I know I've seen way better than this before, but I've got it open in another tab, so it's kinda handy to kick the thread off.
Overcome Aids like Apartheid - Mlambo-Ngcuka
The battle against HIV and Aids should be fought in the same way as those against colonialism and apartheid, Deputy President Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka said on Monday.

Speaking at the opening of a three day International Department of Defence HIV and Aids Conference in Pretoria, Mlambo-Ngcuka said Africa could not afford to loose the battle against the pandemic.

"As Africans we faced many adversaries, we faced colonialism, we fought apartheid together and many other enemies that threatened the continent; it's important that we take the same attitude in this case," she said.

She said the defence force must strive to become Aids free.

"If we were to achieve this in the forces, the battle psychologically and otherwise would be won in broader society," she said.
extracted from an IOL story here
Does that mean the army is the last place she expects to win the battle? Or is the army responsible for the pandemic? Or they have such a profound influence on our moral fibre as a society?

I've got an idea - let's just go out and shoot the carriers.

Maybe it's the reference to Africa's "other problems" that is the clue. Militant rulers one of them?

Hoo boy. I suppose when you're invited to speak at these events, you've got to try to say something meaningful.