Hallo everyone,

I went voluntarily on debt review in August 2014 but before I the administrators went for the court order I cancelled because my financial situation changed dramatically. I was then told by the debt review agent that I have to get a court order to rescind or at least a order that declares myself no longer over indebted because the law changed in Feb 2015 wrt cancellations. the NCR concurred with this information and I decided to consult with a company called Maxlaw on 29 Nov 2016 in Pretoria who in turn assured me they do all the admin processes for me at cost of cause. We decided to pay Maxlaw in full by March 2017 but still no action was taken because they relocated. no problem thereafter we were informed that they changed their legal section. The legal section were then handled by Cilliers & Reyneveld Att. who received our file in February 2017. They managed to get a court date set for June 2017 but the sitting judge did not want to grant a order because the application was wrong. We had to wait until March 2018 for a new court application where the judge requested a few extra documentation from the attorneys and again the next date was 08 June 2018. On last mentioned date the date was apparently wrongfully added which makes our new date 01 August 2018. What do we do now, our moneys were spend on paying the account with Maxlaw in full. We have been struggling since February 2015.
I humbly request help/advice please, isn't there a ombudsman that helps in cases like this because its clear that Maxlaw shifted this whole case to the attorneys and the attorneys seems incompetent...