Thread: Fallen Through the Vodacom Cracks - What are my rights?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Email problem
    Thanks

Question Fallen Through the Vodacom Cracks - What are my rights?

Hi there Forum!

Last year November I ordered a Business Contract with Vodacom that came with a cellphone. It was done online as that was the only place this special was being offered. I contacted their sales department, filled in the application form, gave my business details all via email and scanning and all was approved. Fabulous.

I then received the phone in early December 2017 via courier. I sign for it. Phone is good but there is not SIM. So I email to ask where the SIM was and if it was possible to do a SIM SWOP so that my business cellphone number could continue with no change. I was told by the sales lady I had been dealing with that the problem had been escalated and she would get back to me.

I emailed her weekly reminder her that she hadn't let me know. A month went by and no deduction was made from my account and no airtime or data was received. I continued to email the sales lady weekly, she continued to tell me that she would get back to me.

I then phoned Vodacom and was told that because it was an online deal that only the lady I had been dealing with could help me. I go to two different Vodacom shops and both tell me the same thing the call centre told me. It was an online deal, so only the online staff can help me.

It's now May 2018 and not a single payment has been deducted and no airtime received. Yet I sit here with my "free" phone. Guilt creeps up on me and I decide to try and sort this out again yesterday. I call the call centre.

After 50 minutes on the phone, having told my story to 5 different people (all helpful, I will admit this - this is not sarcasm!) we finally get a hold of the account number, which helps Vodacom see that there is no cell number assigned to the contract and no deductions having been made.

I was then told that this was puzzling and that they would phone me back once they got some answers.

I haven't been phoned back yet. But I just wanted to know my rights in this particular situation. Can they ask me to pay all 6 months up front? Can they ask for the device back?
    Can anyone help me with some advice on this?

Thanks so much,

Samantha Chapman
    (Small Business Owner)

Thanks
    i'm so sorry. I can't help you(