Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Antivirus

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by New Perspective studio View Post
    Depends on the type of Ram too but 8 gigs is nothing, Windows ten as a operating system is one of the biggest resource hogs, dont be fooled bu the cache. Its the operating system version of chrome looks fast but has a masive cache and eats resources alive. I think memory run with minimal apps open anywhere from 20 to 30 % used in task manager, youwould never have seen that on windows 7 for example.
    Interesting point. Bear in mind I am not an IT guy so armed with information I am able to do what is required. When you say "type of ram" what exactly does that mean. The ram on my laptop label reads as follows ELPIDA 4GB 1R x 8 PC3-12800S1110-B2 (I have 2 of these to make the 8gigs.

I had a recent conversation with someone who had an SSD installed on a fairly on laptop that ran with 2gigs of ram. I don't know all the other specs but this oke could not stop talking about how his laptop is like a turbo charged machine now with just the SSD upgrade only.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kavesh View Post
    I have recently installed Bitdefender anitvirus on my laptop. I have noticed that windows defender security centre is also running.

Am i correct in saying that I can disable windows defender security centre?

I have read that it is not advisable to be running 2 antivirus' at the same time.

As always your advise is much appreciated.

Thanks
    Kavesh
    Hi Kavesh,

one anitvirus will do, there's no need to have multiple anitvirus software on your machine. Just ensure the software you go with is regularly updated.

Thanks
    Windows defender security center is a good one to prevent unwanted files that used to affect system files. So choose any of them for a proper functioning.

Thanks
    Have you tried Avast antivirus ? Its more better than other software. Bitdefender is best as well but if you compare bitdefender vs avast you will find avast bit better with friendly user interface and security features.

Suspended
    Thanks
    I had always trusted windows defender and it never let me down, you just had to keep it updated.

Thanks
    It should only have an antivirus, it is not advisable to have more just because of what you have been told: It covers more memory, the PC slows down, the systems will work with failures.

Thanks
    You can run several antivirus software simultaneously, but this will eat up your ram and slow your computer speed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12