Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antivirus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bronze Member
    Thanks

Antivirus

I have recently installed Bitdefender anitvirus on my laptop. I have noticed that windows defender security centre is also running.

Am i correct in saying that I can disable windows defender security centre?

I have read that it is not advisable to be running 2 antivirus' at the same time.

As always your advise is much appreciated.

Thanks
    Kavesh

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Not 100% sure - I think you need to disable Windows Defender only not everything in the security centre.

Again not 100% sure - I think you will get an option for Windows not to monitor viruses\virus protection on your laptop...

Thanks
    You can run 5 anti virus programs if you want to , but it will slow down your pc seriously ,some anti virus programs disable the windows anti virus automatically , If your laptop is not slow , just leave it (besides you going to get an annoying popup every time you start your laptop ).

On some forums the experts claim the new windows 10 security is more than good enough on its own

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wernerdp View Post
    You can run 5 anti virus programs if you want to , but it will slow down your pc seriously ,some anti virus programs disable the windows anti virus automatically , If your laptop is not slow , just leave it (besides you going to get an annoying popup every time you start your laptop ).

On some forums the experts claim the new windows 10 security is more than good enough on its own
    Interesting that some think windows security is good enough. I don't know enough to comment.

Thanks for the responses.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Yes, lots of people use the standard Windows antivirus

Email problem
    Thanks
    If you are on windows ten i would forego the other program should you have to choose, we maybe just something for your brwser windows ten updates so regularly and its not like windows 7 where when a exploit was discovered you had to look for a solution. I however do run windows anti virus with another 3rd party program. I havent experienced any issues, the only thing i can think of is a performance issue. In that case you would have to choose though i would go with the antivirus creates by the people who created the operating system and continually updates it .....as to a third party program that you would need to buy, is designed for many different operating systems ect ect
    Graphic Design company in East London South Africa | Web design company in East London South Africa
    " A plumbers tap always leaks " - Great advice from a forum member

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by New Perspective studio View Post
    If you are on windows ten i would forego the other program should you have to choose, we maybe just something for your brwser windows ten updates so regularly and its not like windows 7 where when a exploit was discovered you had to look for a solution. I however do run windows anti virus with another 3rd party program. I havent experienced any issues, the only thing i can think of is a performance issue. In that case you would have to choose though i would go with the antivirus creates by the people who created the operating system and continually updates it .....as to a third party program that you would need to buy, is designed for many different operating systems ect ect
    Thanks for the comment. I have noticed that my laptop performance has slowed down. Once I have successfully installed an SSD into the DVD drive and run all program files from the SSD, I am sure performance will improve radically.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Keep in mind RAM size, speed\type and processor speed also affects performance with resource hungry applications...

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AmithS View Post
    Keep in mind RAM size, speed\type and processor speed also affects performance with resource hungry applications...
    Yes my laptop is an i7 third gen with 8gigs of ram, was running a lot faster before installing bitdefender.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Depends on the type of Ram too but 8 gigs is nothing, Windows ten as a operating system is one of the biggest resource hogs, dont be fooled bu the cache. Its the operating system version of chrome looks fast but has a masive cache and eats resources alive. I think memory run with minimal apps open anywhere from 20 to 30 % used in task manager, youwould never have seen that on windows 7 for example.
    Graphic Design company in East London South Africa | Web design company in East London South Africa
    " A plumbers tap always leaks " - Great advice from a forum member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast