Thread: pervasive error code 161 pastel partner

Thanks

pervasive error code 161 pastel partner

I have upgraded my server from a windows 8 machine to a windows 10 machine and the other machines are windows 7. All was great for about three weeks, and then all of a sudden started getting error code 161 - i have uninstalled and reinstalled, turned off anti-virus, windows defender, set the UAC settings. but still the error persists. Am using Pastel Partner 12. Has anyone else had this problem and were able to resolve it. Please.

Thanks
    Are you running Pervasive PSQL V10 , and do everybody log in with their own pastel on there pc's and the server the main registered pc . then you need Pervasive PSQL V10 Workgroup and run as service . is the 3 cylinders icon in the taskbar green ?

Thanks
    Hi, yes they all have V10 running on them and the engines are all running fine. Its like the main machine which is a Windows 10 machine will not keep the licensing. I have to register the pastel first thing and then everything is fine..... but as soon as I restart the main machine and I don't register there is only 1 license it loses the additional licenses

Thanks
    Do you have one license with additional users registered for instance 5
    When you installed the pastel on the win 10 pc did you tick the block make available for everyone

Thanks
    Hi yes I didn't tick make available for everyone but I shared the folder for everyone after the install. It has been working perfectly fine for 3 weeks and then the Windows 10 machine did updates and this error has started since then. I noticed you said to install pervasive as a service I always install it as an application.

"Do you have one license with additional users registered for instance 5 " - Yes we are registered for 5 users on our pastel and have used these since 2014 and now it is suddenly giving problems.

Thanks
    Only suggestion I have uninstall every thing , make sure the register folder inside the Pastel/Custom folder is also deleted , maybe run a registry cleaner as well . Restart , Install pervasive first as a service , the workgroup pervasive

Thanks
    Ok thank you I will try that. Please may I ask why to install as a Service and not an application. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall as a service on all the workstations

Thanks
    I really dont know , I have installed and moved close to 100 Pastel and Payroll for clients , I think it has to to do with Win 10 security , as a service it has more rights and gets loaded faster in the system.

On the workstations you have to register Pastel Again , and have your map network drive on every workstation

Thanks
    From my past experience this was always relating to a problem with the licence manager. Go to Pervasive License Administrator in start menu and make sure all the pc's and server only have 1 permanent 5 user licence on them.

Thanks
    Thank you so much I have always wondered why Windows 10 was a problem with the Pervasive will let you know how I get on