Thread: Pastel Cash Book Processing

Email problem
    Thanks

Pastel Cash Book Processing

Hi. When I do a bank recon, some entries disappear. (When ever the date changes, and I switch between the payments and receipts tab) This happens before i even update the batch. When I re-enter the transaction, one of the others disappear. This has been happening since the version 18 update in January. I have been contacting support every week since then. Every time they'll have me delete some data files, but the next day, same problem. We've installed new hardware for the pc about a month ago. Also, formatted pc and uninstalled pastel en reinstalled over the weekend. Problem not sorted. So frustrating. Any idea what could be causing this and how to fix?

Thanks
    Please check the following:

Open your Bank Reconciliation and load the transactions.

Click on the Options button and then the Display option.

Is the "Hide Reconciled" option ticked? If so, this may explain the "missing" transactions. Untick that option.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Email problem
    Thanks
    Thank you Neville. Are you referring to the bank reconciliation assistant? The transactions that are disappearing is while I enter transactions from my bank statement into the cash book for the first time, so they haven't been reconciled yet.

Thanks
    Hi everyone, unfortunately I do not have an answer to Celeste1234, but I have the exact some problem, since upgrading to V18 of Express.
    items disappearing from the cashbook while trying to reconcile or update.
    This also happen as with Celeste1234 while changing from payments to receipts on the cashbook. Also have items disappearing when updating a batch.

Have contacted Pastel support according to them: export the cashbook that I am trying to balance, delete the cashbook/items captured and reset default settings on the utility/maintenance and then import again. The missing items can be added back to the cashbook. This is not working, done this many times but the missing items again and again.

I have followed the lead suggested by Neville Bailey but on the Reconciliation screen/options/display: the Hide reconciled items is not ticked but the Display Amount, so this also not the problem.
    I have also what I have tried VAT or No VAT as I am bookkeeping for two companies, this happen to both.
    Also nothing to do with the RAMs of the computer that you work on, I have added additional RAMS but the problem exist.

Has anyone have a solution on how to solve the problem. I am currently down to do one line in the cashbook then update, then go to the GL/Transactions/Cashbook to check to see if the which of the previous "update" is missing.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    What build of V18 are you on? 18.2.1 was the last V18 release and seemed to be fairly stable. Go to Help.. About to check, and possible consider upgrading to 18.2.1 if you aren't already on it.