Thread: Pastel 18 Partner - Advanced Search - Some information

Email problem
    Thanks

Lightbulb Pastel 18 Partner - Advanced Search - Some information

Hi everyone, for those seeking some info on the function, here is what I have experienced so far.

Pastel added Advanced Search to the Inventory. What a very nice function, especially if you have many of the same items to search for which comes in different makes and models), However, there is a lot of work for them to consider fixing and adding.

1. When you do a GRN - you can not add an item directly, nor can you edit an existing item. (same with Customer Processing).
    2. When you use the advance search - users cannot disable this function except in sole access mode. This should be changed to give the user the option themselves without sole access.
    2A - Stock on hand does not show in the same row at all, there is no multi-store - so to click on the show store details is totally useless as it only put a + sign, then to click on each corresponding item to expand the item, I suggest that a total stock on hand is displayed on one line (Even for multi-store) - then expand it yourself to check which store has the stock on hand. however iff there is no multi-store expansion should not even be there.
    2B - however, when you use Inventory Zoom - it goes back to the normal inventory search screen. (which doesn't help whilst in Document Processing)
    3. Expand all button for multi-store.
    3A - No expand button for single store companies - it shows the stock on hand without clicking anywhere.
    4. When you do a search, the database query takes ages to load.

I would like to hear what other users experience, maybe they can help or suggest solutions.

I tried to explain it best I could.

Regards, Pieter

Thanks
    Hi Pieter
    Nobody here likes the "enhanced search". It take too long to load and shows less detail, such as holding quantity. How do you disable it?

Email problem
    Thanks
    You disable it somewhere in the user accounts settings. I don't have Pastel at home so can't recall clearly.
    I have found its very useful as I said previously if you have to search for a. Word or string of words, however the rest is useless.