Thread: Standard Bank - early debit order run date

Thanks

Standard Bank - early debit order run date

My salary date is the 27th of the month and all my debit orders are set for this date or later. After more than 30 years with Standard Bank, the end of March 2018 seems to be different. One debit order went off on 23/03/2018 and three more on 26/03/2018. This pushed me over my overdraft, and I was then charged 3 X R130 by Standard Bank for Honouring fees! I then Googled NAEDO and saw that collection is only processed when there are sufficient funds in the account, so why did this go through when my available balance did not cover it? It would have been covered the next day as arranged. Was this to charge me an extra R390 in bank fees? Do I have to fear this for next month again?

I put in a complaint with Standard Bank, but they told me that it is not their problem and I should contact the other companies that I have the debit orders with. They refuse to refund the R390 Honouring fees that they charged me. My debit order date with these companies is set for the 27th of each month and nothing have changed. Is this how Standard Bank milk their customers?

Thanks
    Debit orders are generated TO the bank by your supplier - the bank has no say in it.

Suggest you contact the companies who generated the debits early, and demand that THEY refund you due to their early debiting actions.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Cooper View Post
    Debit orders are generated TO the bank by your supplier - the bank has no say in it.

Suggest you contact the companies who generated the debits early, and demand that THEY refund you due to their early debiting actions.
    Just check you agreements with the suppliers, they may have a clause stating that they can draw the D.O. any time they see fit. This has nothing to do with having money in the bank to cover it or not.

The bank covered your D.O. which may have saved your bacon. With some agreements the non honoring of a D.O. or payment may kick in a cancelation cause, and if a life policy or insurance can have major repercusions.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    The bank is a 3rd party, they are not involved in your agreements with the debiting company. It's true, you need to enquire with the company.