My salary date is the 27th of the month and all my debit orders are set for this date or later. After more than 30 years with Standard Bank, the end of March 2018 seems to be different. One debit order went off on 23/03/2018 and three more on 26/03/2018. This pushed me over my overdraft, and I was then charged 3 X R130 by Standard Bank for Honouring fees! I then Googled NAEDO and saw that collection is only processed when there are sufficient funds in the account, so why did this go through when my available balance did not cover it? It would have been covered the next day as arranged. Was this to charge me an extra R390 in bank fees? Do I have to fear this for next month again?

I put in a complaint with Standard Bank, but they told me that it is not their problem and I should contact the other companies that I have the debit orders with. They refuse to refund the R390 Honouring fees that they charged me. My debit order date with these companies is set for the 27th of each month and nothing have changed. Is this how Standard Bank milk their customers?