Hi all

I want to start off with thanking everyone who replies to this forum.

I am currently finishing my National Diploma in Electrical Engineering: Control Systems. I am at the moment doing my in-service training.

Me and my varsity friend decided we want to start our own electrical business. Among other things, we wish to do home automation installations. If i understand correctly a wiremens licence, the installation electrician(yellow card), is needed to do low-voltage household installations. Then there is the Certificate of Compliance which is also needed to be given to a client after every installation is complete.

Are there any years of experience needed to attain the wiremens license i am referring to?

If i understand correctly to obtain a wiremens license one must have/do:
Trade test
Installation rules
N3

Can i hypothetically, as a installation electrician(yellow card), give a CoC after a home automation installation is complete?

Do i need to take a trade test course before doing the actual trade test or can i just study from a textbook myself?

I do not understand what it means or how to register for ECSA. If someone could briefly explain. Do i register as a candidate engineer? Do i have too little qualifications to register with ECSA? Am i asking this questions in relation to me passing my inservice training and have a national diploma in a few months. Please answer as if i have passed.

And last but not least, are these licenses the only licenses needed to start a low-voltage household installations business?

Thank you for your time
Fasie