Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pastel Accounting Vat adjustment to 15% on the 1st of April 2018

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterSS View Post
    Hi Neville

Firstly, thank you for the very clear instructions regarding changing the VAT rate.
    I have a client who is using Express V14,build 14.0.6
    I wasn't sure about the downloads, so rather followed the instructions.

The problem is that I get a message (when doing a test) as follows:

"The tax type you have selected (Vat - Std rated 15%) has an expiry date set to 31/12/50 and may not be used. the tax type for this line will be set to)) - No Tax
    Either choose a different tax type or set a new expiry date for Vat - Std rate 15%. "

If you just enter on OK, you can proceed with the transaction, and pick the desired Vat rate from the drop-down list, but this will be a huge inconvenience for the client, who will not be very happy.
    Could I still download the VAT patch for V14 to sort this out?
    your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
    PeterSS
    Hi Peter,

Apologies for the delay in replying, but I am currently being swamped with enquiries re the VAT change!

I am puzzled as to why you are being prompted each time, as it works flawlessly for my clients. I presume you opened Pastel on or after 1 April and you used a date on or after 1 April?
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks

Multiple change of Tax Type under Customers, Suppliers & Inventory

Quote Originally Posted by Neville Bailey View Post
    In light of the pending VAT percentage increase on 1 April 2018, certain adjustments to your Pastel company setup will need to be made, particularly if you are not using the latest version of Pastel (Version 18). If you are using V18, you should soon receive a build update which will facilitate the VAT change.

If you are using a version of Pastel prior to V18, please take note of the following step-by-step procedure:

• Go to Setup…Tax…General Settings…Percentages.
    • In Row number 1, change the description from "Vat - Standard rated” to "Vat - Standard rated 14%” and change the date in the End column to 31/03/2018.
    • In Row number 11, insert the description "Vat - Standard rated 15%”, insert 15 in the Tax % column, change the Start date to 01/04/2018 and the End date to 31/12/2050.
    • In Row number 12, insert the description "14% Credit Note Mar 18”, insert 14 in the Tax % column, change the Start date to 01/04/2018 and the End date to 28/02/2019. This VAT code is to be used where credit notes need to be passed after 31 March 2018, relating to invoices processed before 1 April 2018.
    • The above steps can be done anytime between now and the end of the month.
    • The following changes can only be done after the last transaction has been processed on 31 March 2018, but before the first transaction on 1 April 2018:
      • For each customer account, go to the Processing tab and, in the Tax section, change the default tax code from 01 to 11. If there is no default tax type set up, you can ignore this step.
      • For each supplier account, go to the Processing tab and, in the Tax section, change the default tax code from 01 to 11. If there is no default tax type set up, you can ignore this step.
      • Go to Setup…Customers…Control and, in the Configuration tab, change the Default Tax Type for Financial Lines from 01 to 11.
      • Go to Setup…Suppliers…Control and, in the Configuration tab, change the Default Tax Type for Financial Lines from 01 to 11.
      • For each inventory item, go to the Details tab and, under the Allow Tax section, change the VAT code from 01 to 11 for both Purchases and Sales.
      • Go to Setup…Inventory and, under the Integration/Groups tab, change the Default Buy Tax and the Default Sell Tax from 01 to 11.

• If you have too many customer/supplier/inventory codes to make the above adjustments manually, let me know and we can set up a TeamViewer session so that I can edit the accounts directly in the database.
    • If you have any outstanding Sales Orders or Purchase Orders on 1 April 2018 with a VAT code of 01 on the line items, please note that the VAT code will need to be manually adjusted to 11 for each line item once the Order has been converted to a Tax Invoice / GRN / Supplier Invoice.
    • If you are using VAT inclusive selling prices, please note that your VAT exclusive selling price will be reduced on 1 April unless you increase the VAT inclusive price to accommodate the VAT rate increase.
    • If you have Recurring Invoice batches, you will need to change the VAT code, for each line item on each invoice, from 01 to 11, before your April 2018 invoices are created. Let me know if you require a TeamViewer session in order to make these adjustments directly in the database.
    • If you have invoices on hold carried over from March 2018, you will need to change the VAT code, for each line item on each invoice, from 01 to 11, before the invoices are finalised. Let me know if you require a TeamViewer session in order to make these adjustments directly in the database.

The first working day of April is on Tuesday 3 April, after the Easter Weekend, so I anticipate a rush of requests for me to assist with the above adjustments before you start processing April transactions, so please bear with me, as I can only deal with one client at a time. I will not be booking TeamViewer sessions in advance for 3 April, as I cannot guarantee that I will be ready at a particular time, so I will assist on a first-come-first-served basis.

In order to ease the pressure on 3 April, I will make myself available over the Easter Weekend to log on with TeamViewer to make the necessary changes. If you are willing and able to send me your TeamViewer details at the close of business on Thursday 29 March, together with your Pastel supervisor password, I will log on sometime during the course of the Easter Weekend to make the adjustments.

My usual hourly rate will apply for all remote sessions. If I have consulted for you before, please email me your company details so that I can open an account for you.

Hi Neville,
    I found a quicker way to change customer, supplier and inventory tax types instead of going into each account.
    I have attached images as well...
    Under the edit tab you need to select "Tax Type Adjustment" a screen will pop up, you select next then you either choose Customer, Supplier or Inventory, you can also do a backup before you do these changes...
    After you selected the option of either the above, it gives you the option to change the customer/supplier/inventory account, leave them as is and do not change anything as it will select all the accounts.
    Select next
    The following screen will show old tax type, new tax type you must select default tax type to be able to select the percentages (This is where you select old tax type 14% then new tax type 15%)
    Then you select next again and it should be done.
    You have to do this for Customers, Suppliers and Inventory under each company.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Step 5 & 6.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	7069Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Step 3 & 4.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	7068Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Step 1 & 2.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	7067

Thanks
    Ok, another problem has come up! We ran Pastel Partner Version 14.2.1, and did the patch to 14.2.2.

Everything ran fine, but certain companies in the group gives an error message when we try to open them up....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pastel error.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	7070

Has anyone else come across this? It is only certain companies, and when you do a data integrity check in version 14.2.1, everything checks out ok! For the one company, I had to go back to 2007 to find a version that opens!

Another company that is giving the same error I setup three years ago. Very basic, everything standard, it just won't convert. And it's not even VAT registered!

I've uninstalled Partner 14.2.2, restarted, and then did a full install to 14.2.2, restarted again, with no joy either!

Any and all help will be appreciated!

Kind regards,

Vincent

Thanks
    Any quick methods to change the vat from 01 to 15 on a large batch of sales orders?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vjseven View Post
    Ok, another problem has come up! We ran Pastel Partner Version 14.2.1, and did the patch to 14.2.2.

Everything ran fine, but certain companies in the group gives an error message when we try to open them up....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pastel error.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	7070

Has anyone else come across this? It is only certain companies, and when you do a data integrity check in version 14.2.1, everything checks out ok! For the one company, I had to go back to 2007 to find a version that opens!

Another company that is giving the same error I setup three years ago. Very basic, everything standard, it just won't convert. And it's not even VAT registered!

I've uninstalled Partner 14.2.2, restarted, and then did a full install to 14.2.2, restarted again, with no joy either!

Any and all help will be appreciated!

Kind regards,

Vincent
    Hi Vincent,

I have an idea what the problem is and I am sure I can fix it quickly via TeamViewer.

Let me know via email or private message what time will suit you tomorrow.

Thanks
    Hi Neville

No problem.I imagine that you are inundated with queries.

I can confirm that I did open Pastel after 1 April, and used a date after 1 April.
    I will advise when I find a solution to the problem.

Regards
    peter

Thanks

tax type

Quote Originally Posted by Neville Bailey View Post
    Open the VAT Update tab.
    Good morning Neville

I am using Pastel express version 12, i cant seem to change my tax does that mean i need to update my pastel?

Lee

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee V View Post
    Good morning Neville

I am using Pastel express version 12, i cant seem to change my tax does that mean i need to update my pastel?

Lee
    Hi Lee,

It is not necessary for you to upgrade your package in order to get the new VAT codes set up.

If you follow my step-by-step instructions earlier in this thread, you can adjust your existing system for the VAT change.

Thanks
    Good day Neville,

I have the same problem. I did not run the update, rather changed all the settings manually. I am on Pastel Partner 14 - Built 14.1.4.
    I have chosen numerous expiring dates, but nothing seems to work. The start date is 01/04/2018. I did the Tax Percentage change before 1st April, but only changed all the defaults on the 3rd April.

Please help
    thanks

Thanks
    Hi All, there is a much easier way of changing defaults in pastel partner, there is a tax type adjustment under the edit screen which is basically straight forward, regarding issues with builds, there are numerous run-time errors on the 14.2.2 build which is solved by installing the latest v17 or v18 alongside the v14 upgrade on all workstations, please contact me if you have any queries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast