Thread: Networking and influencers offline for online

Email problem
    Thanks

Networking and influencers offline for online

I have always known there is a advantage to knowing the right people ,i am in the graphic and web design industry.
    I recently got a client whom required a website he was referred to me by his sister for whom i also did a website.

So we got the website done and then he asked for some graphic design work for this major event he is working on ( he has a events management company ).
    This guy works and collaborates with many people and so some asked him about where he is getting his designs done. He has referred so many people to me and now im giving him good pricing to keep in his good books.

The amount of work and opportunities this one guy has created for me unknowingly is more than any seo or advertising that i have done in years. I know truly know the power of deliver a good service around not just in graphic designs and word of mouth it doesn't pay often but when it does it pays well.

My question is is there a way to actively seek out people like this, this event has changed my views alot on how i want to do things, i was all seo this and seo that, but i think now people , networking it way more powerful. Is this just something that yu have to put in hard work and it will come?
    Graphic Design company in East London South Africa | Web design company in East London South Africa
    " A plumbers tap always leaks " - Great advice from a forum member

Thanks
    Join your local Business Chamber. They usually have regular networking evenings. Exposes you to a broad variety of businesses. Might even give you the chance to introduce yourself to other members where you can showcase your talents.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplosiv View Post
    Join your local Business Chamber. They usually have regular networking evenings. Exposes you to a broad variety of businesses. Might even give you the chance to introduce yourself to other members where you can showcase your talents.
    This is good advice. Have some samples of websites and graphic designs on your phone to show people when they ask what line of business you are in. Practice your elevator pitch. Remember, a networking evening is not the place for hard sell. Get to know the people first. They will put you in touch with their friends and business associates.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...