Thread: 'Bad reputation sender' mystery

Thanks

'Bad reputation sender' mystery

Hi there, I hope someone can point me in to the right direction. We seem to have an email problem. We get a lot of "delay warnings" and some bounce too. Many errors tell us we are "bad reputation sender". I have no idea what that means and why that happens. We are not spamming anyone, but sending out about 1000 invites to view places twice a week. I started reading up a bit and following links form the errors, but I do not really understand that geek stuff.

What skill must a person have and how is such person called who can help us with that?
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Maintaining a clean email sender reputation is something I've had quite a lot of experience with.

Are you using a mail list manager service (e.g. MailChimp) or your own email service to deliver these emails?

If your own, is it on a shared IP or dedicated IP?

Thanks
    Hi Dave, appreciate your response.

We manage our database on Excel (believe it or not, but it works).
    We use our normal email to send out those invites in batches of 50 recipients at the time.
    To be specific the sending address is info@houses4rent.co.za, but my staff uses gmail to manage her email info@houses4rent.co.za.
    I do not know about the IP address though as I guess it would be hers, not mine.
    If you PM me your cell number and are happy to lend me an ear I call you and give you more background.
    Houses4Rent
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Email problem
    Thanks
    This is kind of the equivalent to stop forum spam or hello peter. I wasnt even aware about this. I had to google it here is a great article on explaining the ins and outs of the situation https://www.campaignmonitor.com/blog...tation-repair/ I know it speaks of repair but it also covers the how and why you have the "Bad reputation".

Im pretty sure there are many other articles on it out there too anyway thanks to op for alerting me on this, really had no idea something like this was in place.
    Graphic Design company in East London South Africa | Web design company in East London South Africa
    " A plumbers tap always leaks " - Great advice from a forum member

Thanks
    Funny I found same article last weekend too, a lot to read and quite technical.
    Houses4Rent
    083-3115551

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Houses4Rent View Post
    Funny I found same article last weekend too, a lot to read and quite technical.
    hahaha, Yes i must admit i myself had to read a few things twice even though i know of web development and have some experience with email clients and all the peripherals around setting a business website.
    It sesm though using your domain email which a business will always do makes you more susceptible because the emails are all coming from the same "place". Ironic when i think of all the spam emails i still get knowing those guys use proxies and open gmail acounts as it suits them.

I havent read anything on a different set of rules for say a "valid email client" ie one that you can just change or create new ones on the fly.
    Graphic Design company in East London South Africa | Web design company in East London South Africa
    " A plumbers tap always leaks " - Great advice from a forum member