Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lessons from a Telkom line fault.

Thanks
    I wish you good luck !!

I just had a WiFi connection installed as a backup as my ADSL has been down twice so far this month.
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark P View Post
    This works: get the numbers [home/ business/ cell] of the most senior manager in your area. If after 24 hours you have no physical result, nor an update of some sort, call your new freind - direct. Harrass him/her. Top-down escalation is by far the preferred method here.
    Jip, that is the way to go. I now just send him a text, immediately, not 24 hours later, saying number xyz is down again. An hour later they flip a switch in the exchange and everything is working again. I used to phone help desk, but that way takes 3 days to sort out and a 100 questions and settings changed on your network. At the end the problem is on your side because of all the settings you had to change and then they want to bill you for a nuisance call!

My main recurring problem is my line is working, but do not get connected to the Telkom Network in that they do not give me an IP. The other problem is DNS, as was mentioned. If you are on static DNS, you will get a problem sooner or later, as they change DNS servers without notice. My old modem did not have an option for auto DNS. The new one does, so hopefully it is a problem of the past.
    ~Expenses will eat you alive! - My first Boss~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12