Hi Guys

Just wondering if any of you guys have been involved in the ECA Mentoring programs/apprenticeship training.

Way back in 2014 the ECA offered to Train our apprentice as part of a government backed training scheme.

We thought it would be good for one of our staff so we said ok. The apprentice goes off for about 6 weeks a year and gets trained - good stuff -good for the me - good for my guy

We then found out we get payments for mentor ship and stipends which helps cover the cost off his time of and wages etc. - bonus

I don't mind paying my staff wages whilst they to go be trained - he deserves - he's a good guy.

I do mind spending a couple of hours every month messing around with paper work which so far gained me nothing other than messed up books.

The payout would have been a bonus. The thing that is getting on my tits is that our books, a beautifully run system, has this mess on top of it.

Every month we have to explain to the book keeper (who doesn't understand why we have outstanding invoices from December 2014 and we haven't handed them over) and now at the end of the tax year our nicely run account system has this mess sitting on top of it (again).

The paper has been sent when ever they requested it, monthly, since December 2014 and NOTHING has come of it.

Has anyone had any payout from this because I have wasted a LOT of time doing this paper work for them and now the end of teh tax year is coming up i know its going to be another ball ache.