Thread: Disgusted in myself

Email problem
    Thanks

Disgusted in myself

Let me put this straight i am a windows , google , firefox , android guy. I hate apple and all it stands for , the hype , the elitism and the fanboys.

The last two days i had a client who was having issues with his iphone macbook and ipad. So with a slight bit of learning where everything is on this operating system i managed to do what was needed , then i actually ound myself enjoying ( what i once considered a bad user interface ) . i still believe its interface and compatibility are a pain , but i actually enjoyed working on it.

Even though i still believe what i did before my position on apple has somewhat changed , if only slightly .

What is it about apples products that lure people , i just cant seem to pinpoint it.

I am hoping this was just the excitement of learning something new , and that had i kept it longer some of the flaws would revert me to my original opinion .
    Graphic Design company in East London South Africa | Web design company in East London South Africa
    " A plumbers tap always leaks " - Great advice from a forum member

Thanks
    Apple is optimized so that all the hardware/software on it works. For that reason 90% of what you wish to do with the hardware is possible. The interface doesn't like to communicate outside its own platform but this is not news to you. That said I had some success getting apple to talk to the rest without any complaints.

But to answer your question. Apple users enjoy simplicity in that they can download all the software they need from one place. They can setup a payment method and share between all devices relatively easily. Above all Apple stuff just works. To date I am yet to see a Apple system crash. It just doesn't happen. Yes phones fail and is build to fail according to the internet but I know people with a 2010 Apple laptop and they are still happy with it.
    DISCLAIMER - The above does not constitute to legal advice or formal advice in any manner or form

Email problem
    Thanks
    Yea i was having a chat with a friend of mine about this yesterday , he is a apple fan. He basically echoed the same thing , he likes the simplicity of it . I would never have thought of a mac as simple , but then again its simply because ive never worked on one i realise.

I mean most of us grew up on windows machines right?

I wonder however if their tight hold limits what you can do on their machines . Obviously one would have to have a machine for a while to find this out. I know howeven when scouting the internet or a program , there are always mac users struggling to get their versions going, probably because the weren't made for osx or by apple in the first place.
    Graphic Design company in East London South Africa | Web design company in East London South Africa

Email problem
    Thanks
    Apple products are very good products for people who don't like technology and don't require custom setups on their computers/devices. It makes using a computer easy. Unfortunately, it also sacrifices a lot of versatility. But a lot of people don't need versatility from their technology anyway.

5. Thanks given for this post:

New Perspective studio (30-Jan-18)

Thanks
    In general I like laptops. They just work and I have many old laptops that still works just fine. Apple laptops are expensive thus I don't buy them. That said many desktop users will tell me how useless laptops are. Yet to date I never needed more then what a laptop has. So when it comes to versatility I would say function is key. I don't care if a desktop PC can run faster have better hardware. It is simply to big and to bulky and cannot function when the power goes out.

Laptops just work. The same is true for Apple users. It doesn't matter what the device cost or can do it does what it is suppose to do and do it well. For most people that is exactly what they want. Myself included. I want to turn the thing on do my work and turn it off pick it up and go.

I guess what I am saying is sometimes 'good enough' is 'good enough'
    DISCLAIMER - The above does not constitute to legal advice or formal advice in any manner or form

7. Thanks given for this post:

New Perspective studio (30-Jan-18)

Email problem
    Thanks
    Well i was talking to this mate again adding what i had read here, and he told me you know most people think apple products are expensive but they arent that much diffrent from the flagship models of others in terms of price.

I agree , when you eter a macbbook your programs are set out for you you get in do what you need to do and get out, maybe this is what apple lovers are atraccted to. However anything more and most of the time it gets a little complicates, i created an email signature for a client , and he wanted it on his iphone m ipad and mac , the mac has a interface to change sigs , but if its a html signature it wont accept it as such , so you have to go change it in the files itslef and lock it , because the mac will revert it. Similar story on the iphone it also reverts it to what it believes is more suitable ( in terms of the htmls formatting ) . I got it right , but this just also says to me you are getting a machine that doesnt want to be customised , because the creator believes its good enough as is.

That being said , we are all different and we all want different things so if apple floats your boat , why not use it, i cannot deny it has unsurpassed stability im sure compared to any other devices .