Thread: Solar installation time

Thanks

Solar installation time

So I’ve received the inverter and batteries to do a backup system for when power goes out (various reasons).
    My complaint today is the exorbitant rates quoted by electricians for this job. They want to get R10 000 for ONE days work. Do I look hard up?
    My next topic is the lack of information i.e. split distribution boards out there. Don’t even try to discuss this with people who call themselves solar electricians or the town electricians (two did not even bother to quote - maybe too close to their Dec holiday?) themselves. To get it done the way I see it pushed the total quote to R15k. Lol
    And then try to get the missing parts for an installation or try to get everything done over a Dec break. Another lol.
    What on earth happened to decent service delivery.
    Gone the same way as the guvament.....
    Anyway, the missing parts have been intercepted by SARS customs and incompetent importers. Now must WAIT, SARS as we know is desperate for any cent they can lay their claws on.
    I have obtained the cooperation of competent retired electricians in my neighbour and now look to Feb to finish this job.
    Holding thumbs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks
    I hope you're retired electricians can issue you a COC on completion of the job

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Ensure all equipment connected to the supply system has applicable SANAS certification along with the required LOA.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Their prices are high because mostly they are entrepeneurs jumping on the bandwagon to score big from load shedding. They do not have the proper qualifications so they need to get someone else to certify it, should you think to ask for a certificate when they are done. By the design and workmanship their lack of knowledge is obvious.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Their prices are high because mostly they are entrepeneurs jumping on the bandwagon to score big from load shedding. They do not have the proper qualifications so they need to get someone else to certify it, should you think to ask for a certificate when they are done. By the design and workmanship their lack of knowledge is obvious.
    Is a COC not compulsory?

Thanks
    Yes it is and to comply with that they get someone else to certify most of the time because they cannot. They only have the business to make money. If the client does not ask for a certificate they dont get one.