Thread: WHAT TO DO WHEN I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY SALARY

Thanks

WHAT TO DO WHEN I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY SALARY

I JOINED A NE COMPANY EARLIER IN THE YEAR. WE WERE NOT PAID OVER DECEMBER AND I FOUND OUT THAT MY COMPANY HAS LIQUIDATED BEFORE AND OPENED IN A NEW NAME DIRECTLY AFTER. THEY HAVE BEEN TELLING US SINCE BEFORE DECEMBER THAT THEY ARE WORKING ON AN OVERTHOUGHT FACILITY. CLEARLY THAT DID NOT PLAN OUT AND NOW THEY TRYING TO LEVERAGE ON THEIR FARM.
    MOST EMPLOYEES DECIDED NOT TO GO BACK TO THE OFFICE AND THIS LEAVES THE COMPANY IN A BIGGER PROBLEM AS THE TEAM NEEDS TO WORK TOGETHER IN ORDER FOR THEM TO COMPLETE A PROJECT THAT CAN POSSIBLY BRING IN MONEY.
    HOWEVER THEY HAVE GIVEN US PERMISSION TO WORK FROM HOME, I WENT TO THE OFFICE TO FETCH THE OFFICE COMPUTER IN ORDER FOR ME TO DO MY WORK. IT HAS THE CORRECT GRAPHICS CARD FORM ME TO DELIVER THE WORK. I ALSO TOOK AN EXTRA ITEM AND WROTE A LETTER TO THE COMPANY OWNERS TO SAY THAT I AM GOING TO KEEP THE EQUIPMENT IN SAFE KEEPING UNTIL I RECEIVE MY SALARY.
    IS THIS WRONG? CAN I BE CHARGED WITH THEFT?

Thanks
    Liquidations are always interesting. It takes a while to understand them. There are always a lot of defensive, ill informed and entitled people around them. What makes it interesting is that assets can be acquired at fire sale prices. The Liquidator is always looking for cash. Everyone is looking for cash and that is the one thing that is not abundant.

Don't have fear or disrespect for the poeple that have lost the business. Generally they are not evil, they just make mistakes and sometime are not totally ethical in how they get out of it.

If it were me I would go back. I make the assumption that you actually have something to sell the customers and were not part of the takers that caused the liquidation to occur, I also assume that you are not feeling 'entitled' - entitled to a job entitled to get paid - you aren't - keep an open eye on dealing directly with the customers. Understand the role of the liquidator and the directors. If you have problems post the details here adn I will look at them for you.

Think twice about anything you say and be very careful about anything you write down.

I would keep the computer until you are forced to return it. The fact that you have it means that you have a right to have it and to use it- it is not theft until someone makes a valid demand for it.

Most of all enjoy yourself. Liquidations are a great opportunity to learn about business on the edge and find out who people really are.