Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Debit orders and companies who take them early

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    I agree - he doesn't want advice - he only wants to hear one thing !
    I am actually the one asking for advice; it is you that only has one thing to say.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leonbrits View Post
    I am actually the one asking for advice; it is you that only has one thing to say.

Yes you are asking, but then arguing and telling people (me) "to read properly" meanwhile you are the one that hasn't "read properly" in the first place and wants to now argue with a contract that you have signed. We said you have signed it and there is nothing you can do about it !

You signed the contract agreeing for them to transact on your account earlier in Dec !!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    And then they cut my Internet off as I had not paid and their service was prepaid. But I still have to pay them a full month and the R112 if want them to turn it back on or even if I want them to cancel. Either way I have to pay them (and I have not Internet other than tethering to my phone).
    I see there is a dispute resolution and complaints process. Perhaps you should use that to query their conduct and the basis of their additional charge raised.

4. Thanks given for this post:

leonbrits (07-Jan-18)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I see there is a dispute resolution and complaints process. Perhaps you should use that to query their conduct and the basis of their additional charge raised.
    Thanks, I had not noticed that. Perhaps that would go higher up the food chain.
    """
    I really just want to be heard and not just laughed off by these people. Yes, I understand that they are "covered" by their T&C, however IMHO, it is not a normal contract. I never signed it, I only clicked OK. I have worked in eCommerce long enough to know that companies just change their T&C without informing customers; how can a contract be legal if they can change it without your consent? How can a company take your money from your account without an invoice?

Besides, this could have all been resolved if they had just sent a courtesy email or text; or at least apologised instead of cutting off my internet and demanding more money because I "missed" my payment.

Email problem
    Thanks
    And then they cut my Internet off as I had not paid and their service was prepaid. But I still have to pay them a full month and the R112 if want them to turn it back on or even if I want them to cancel. Either way I have to pay them (and I have not Internet other than tethering to my phone).
    I think this is more a case of bad customer service and poorly worded T&Cs, rather than a flat-out breach of contract.

The best way to deal with bad service is to vote with your feet and find another provider.

Otherwise, you are stuck with them, and you have to decide how much time you are willing to spend fighting this, and how much your hourly rate is. Would you rather get extra work done and earn the R112 back or spend that amount of time to fight a company that clearly (1) has more resources than you to fight it out in a legal situation and (2) clearly doesn't care about you.

The amount is so small that it seems more worthwhile to focus on your business. Fighting this fight is going to distract from your primary task in life, which is to build a successful business. If you have no other alternative for internet, you can pay up to reconnect but then start the dispute resolution process and politely state the the T&C's were misleading as you understood them and you would like to be credited for a refund of your reconnection fee. If you get the refund, great, if not, focus on building up your business so that you earn enough to switch to another service provider.

7. Thanks given for this post:

leonbrits (07-Jan-18)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Thomas View Post
    I think this is more a case of bad customer service and poorly worded T&Cs, rather than a flat-out breach of contract.

The best way to deal with bad service is to vote with your feet and find another provider.

Otherwise, you are stuck with them, and you have to decide how much time you are willing to spend fighting this, and how much your hourly rate is. Would you rather get extra work done and earn the R112 back or spend that amount of time to fight a company that clearly (1) has more resources than you to fight it out in a legal situation and (2) clearly doesn't care about you.

The amount is so small that it seems more worthwhile to focus on your business. Fighting this fight is going to distract from your primary task in life, which is to build a successful business. If you have no other alternative for internet, you can pay up to reconnect but then start the dispute resolution process and politely state the the T&C's were misleading as you understood them and you would like to be credited for a refund of your reconnection fee. If you get the refund, great, if not, focus on building up your business so that you earn enough to switch to another service provider.
    You are so right. Just so tired of companies taking the piss and getting away with it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123